So when can he play?

With Nos. 22 & 28 overall, they had better ammunition than the Lions at Nos. 32 & 34.

1 Like

To be fair, they only had one secondary player that was very good and that was Cine. I think Young getting the pass off to JW is the more impressive part about that stat with 4 first round front seven players trying to kill him. That said, still pretty remarkable.

1 Like

Lets Go Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

1 Like

Last night they said he would be cleared to run full speed starting 1 Jul. The smart money has the Lions putting him on the PUP list and having him back week 6. If doing that gives him an extra 1.5 months to heal I’m ok with that. This is a marathon not a sprint. Lions really looking to compete in 2023, not next year. Don’t screw things up because you pushed him too fast. Williams is our future, not our present.

2 Likes

Time stamped at 5:00

Justin Rogers - How rare is (Jameson’s) speed?

Ben Johnson - (Smiles)…“Defense’s will take notice.”

So much said…in so few words.

2 Likes

NFL teams can bring back two players from Injured Reserve after 8 weeks.

I imagine that will be Williams’ timeline. Not necessarily in Week 9, but that he’ll start on Injured Reserve and be ready, or a week or two from being ready, when that 8 weeks is up.

1 Like

Holmes in that press conference said using GPS speed, Williams was the fastest WR in this draft.

3 Likes

23 MPH is insanely fast

1 Like

100% this. There’s absolutely no need to rush him onto the field. We need him for the next 10 years. Not this year.

1 Like

It’s not that impressive. Put an ice cream truck at the bottom of a steep hill and I can hit that. Lol

1 Like

Not saying he’s Tyreek Hill, but he’s got that kind of speed.

I mean this from the bottom of my heart → I would not care if he didn’t even play a down this year, if it means solidifying his health for the future. The goal is the SB. We will not be winning the SB this year. Get him healthy, let him learn the playbook, learn to be a professional, get his nourishment and body right, and get some reps (whatever that means, based on his health).

Excellent pick and we are in perfect position to do it.

1 Like

Perfectly said. Let’s envision him getting his feet wet this year and being ready too go full throttle late season or next offseason. No pressure on it. We are in perfect scenario to let him heal fully. Worst case scenario is better draft position next year.

Fox hits at a little over double that. They keep it under wraps because it’s crushing confidence of other players. Still…amazing to have them both on the same team.

Hill is built more sturdy, but I think our guy could be a little faster. He’s gonna put some muscle on, and that could slow him down a little…or NOT! :wink:

We’ll see how it all shakes down. Gonna be fun no matter what though.

1 Like

If I am the lions I take my sweet time with him.

The narrative of this draft is going to be written based on how well he is able to come back. If he comes back 100% it’s a great draft. If the injury is always a concern and he is never what he was it will be a huge mistake to have traded number 32 and number 34 when we needed lots of starters upgraded on

1 Like

Question is, will the fans be? If he doesn’t play til October and is just your average rookie when he does, do the pitch forks come out. Or do we say “It really takes a year to fully recover from an ACL”?

yep. we surprised the shit out of everyone. well done, holmes.

Hill is twitchier in short areas for sure. Jameson has a second gear downfield - I’d be surprised if he’s EVER caught from behind.

I don’t think our front office thinks that’s the question…I don’t think many of us think that’s the question either. Hell, I’m fine if he sits all year. When he comes back, he needs to be 100%…not even 95%.

1 Like

Wow man, look at that statement. Look at what it says about how much confidence we have in this regime.

If Millen or Mayhew had traded up, lost a 3rd round pick in a deep draft, to take a guy in the 1st round who has an ACL tear and redshirted his 1st season, we’d go ballistic!

I’m with you though. The talent is there with Williams and I have a lot more faith in this regime than I’ve had in any I can recall.

1 Like