Some pretty bold takes here

I’m as far over my skis as anyone with Malcolm Rodriguez, but one addition that’s been lost in the shuffle is Chris Board from the Ravens. He could be the best LB we have in pass coverage and he could see the field on defense more regularly than Malcolm and Barnes this year. Hopefully, Analzone may be riding the bench in the 2nd half of the season.

2 Likes

I like what Holmes did to address the ILB group. Giving J Davis another shot, I could care less, unless he finally figured out how to do something well

1 Like

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

1 Like

I disagree. I admit: Anzalone was always in the right place at the right time. Unfortunately, he was high on the missed tackles list in the NFL (I believe he was 7th in missed tackles). Point is, he is limited.

I’m not saying he was Ray Lewis, but he’s also not an easy replacement.

Our LB corps is shallow as puddle, dumping what talent we do have is a rotten idea

1 Like

Anzalone is on a one year deal, so it’s highly unlikely that he will be traded or cut, especially when he’s a dependable back-up and inexpensive.

1 Like

You answered your own question his play improved a ton as a OG an he will stay a OG. Every time posters want to get rid of big V doesn’t even matter how well he played. He allowed NO i repeat NO sacks last season. Its not his fault the Quin of past over paid him.
The OL is solid an the key is make depth even better. We found a sound backup Center last season in Brown.

Every time a post comes up about cuts the posters who hate how much Big V gets paid add him no regard how well he played. I do notice many of same ones want to hand out nice retirement money to Vet backups who have not played well an have name so lets go to Detroit NOT Happening Any More

I do think AZ could be a cut Brockers also one f the RBs from last season Godwin could lose out to the returner UDFA who also is WR
Byrant is also a possible late cut along with one back up QB

Perhaps I should rephrase, if you think I answered my own question.
I wonder if they think they can find more “bang for buck” player from a guy we have in the wings or draft. We have a lot of guys that are on the verge of big contracts. I’m with you in guessing (key word) they want to keep him, but in following the trend he has shown, Brad will not overpay for anyone at any position. Part of that will fall on Vatai and what he, as well as the market demands.

I could see him as a cap casualty. Not saying he will be. I’m aware that he gave up zero sacks, and was before you posted it.

Not at all true. I acknowledged it in that comment, bro.

I dont’ think anyone any where said that or felt that way.

I am behind Brad’s way of building too. LOVE that he’s not overpaying. He won’t overpay Vatai any more than he will overpay any other vet. If he stays the course in both performance and health, they’ll try to keep him for the right price.
Love that we don’t have to overpay anymore. Fully w/you on that, my man.

I could see this too. I’ve been thinking Bryant was going to get released the last 2 offseasons, and that sneaky MF’r keeps hanging around. Guessing Brockers is out, and think it’s more likely than not Anzalone is too, but you never know. He said he’s had more fun playing football here than anywhere in his life. Maybe he sings as a backup at a reasonable price?

All fun stuff to think about.

1 Like

It will be interesting to see if Vaitai is a cap casualty or not. 3.5 dead cap or pay 9.5 million, 6 million savings but then you have to pay someone else to play his position. Not any old player or rookie is going to play better.

1 Like

Completely agree. I think they try to keep him. The market, Vatai, and Brad’s tolerance for cap pain will be the determining factors. LOL.

Some pretty bad takes here.

There, i fixed it.

And the fact that M-Rod was really a 6th rounder makes the boasting even louder!

M-Rod is going to see alot of playing time. I’m not sure it will be at the expense of Anzalone. Now that JRM is gone, who is our other starting LB? Barnes? Board? Davis? Whomever you put here, that’s who M-Rod is going to get snaps from.

1 Like

While I wouldn’t bet on all of them being good, or any one of them, I’d say the likelihood of one of them being good is fairly reasonable.
They’re not great, but they’re not worthless either. Would love for Rodruguez to be outstanding and for Analzone to sign a cheap contract as a backup next offseason.

If you’ve OD’d on koolaid and fear for your life, one look at the LB depth chart is the only dose of narcan you’ll need.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.