Some stats for you to either take solace in Lions fans, or use to your advantage, Mr. Holmes

rookie of the year ring GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I think the best thing for a QB to have is leadership. And you can accurately assess a QBs leadership level by his baseball cap front facing to backwards facing ratio.

I dig your train of thought

Nailed it! I did forget leadership, as an overall trait. Stafford was a warrior, but I have read and seen that Goff was liked and respected as well.

1 Like

Scouting report?

I think I spotted the change in his mechanics

Fingers crossed, men!
I have to give him a break and remember he isn’t Stafford. My propensity is to compare him to Stafford.

This dude can be better than some of the SB QBs, like Dilfer and Ryan. Surround him with the right people, and see what it looks like. the media is going to go wild comparing the two. If Goff is successful, the media will try to blow him up as the savior of Detroit.

Front offices and Coaching staff are the biggest difference. We will be an immediate upgrade from last year.

Word. Feels pretty win/win to me. If Goff sucks, we are in position to move on, and even trade up next year or the year after. If Goff kills it…our entire team is stacked and young AF (Provided my boy Holmes is as good at drafting as the claims say).

Are any of the other new office guys and/or coaching staff bald dudes?

1 Like

Holmes may have been bald, the rest I don’t think so.

Literally whatever Goff does is great. He’s good and we suck, guess what his reasonable contract in 2023 can be traded easy. He’s good, then we may have lucked into a future QB.

The change of scenery is going to do wonders I believe, and I’m starting to heavily mean that Mcvay has been figured out, not as much as Goff regressing.

PS it’s quite easy to regress and look bad when you’re coming off really good seasons. That doesn’t mean your recent years are struggles, getting an A in a class is great, but is a B or high C that bad? You’re still at and above average at the end of the day. That all we can ask for from Goff on the high side, be a top 15 QB and allow us to use capital to build the defense.

Pisses me off.

Hope this is right, man. either way, I think the dude has a chip on his shoulder. Love that he said he’s excited to come here, and said he’s happy to be going somewhere where he is appreciated. I’d protect his ass and surround him with talent to see if he’s legit (leaning toward thinking he is).

Yup - if he can be a 15-ish rated QB, and we have a nasty ass run game and D…
Can this dude be Phil Sims/Eli Manning? Those were the first two scenarios that came to mind. It feels to me like we are building a team like those Giant ones. Maybe Raven-esque? Steeler-like?

No question, we are gonna get tougher.

1 Like