Some upcoming dates for offseason

Yep agreed. Not to mention isn’t like the NFL. See Jacksonville Jaguars & Lions. #1 & #2 overall picks a year ago. Now both pretty much legit playoff teams

Hockey, I swear it takes like 5-10 years to execute a rebuild

2 Likes

Lottery prett much is this

Maple leafs were in hell for years same with oilers

1 Like

So a slow week for us.

I don’t know why but every time I see curling on tv I have to watch it. For some reason it’s captivating to me. Lol

That’s because hockey takes a more diverse skill set. Even players that have played their entire lives need to work on skating and stick handling to be in the nhl.

It’s also the only major sport with a hard salary cap. The nba has all kinds of rules and exemptions so the cap basically doesn’t exist. You can now borrow from future caps in the nfl so it’s similar. Baseball you can spend whatever you want and just pay extra taxes.

2 Likes

and in between all those dates we resign Chark, Cominsky, Elliot, Buggs and Williams.

Curling would be so much better if body checking was allowed. Put some helmets on those dudes. They already got brooms to hit each other with, the ratings would skyrocket! haha

Clean!

Clean!

NO!!! His Clock!!!

1 Like

1 Like

I didn’t want to overload the dates….

Well in 65 days OKlahoma get a brand new semi pro, minor league football team!!! :crazy_face:

Call me nuts, but when I was stationed in England, I loved watching cricket.

1 Like

wii curling GIF

I know you’re Canadian, but college basketball is SOOOOOOOOOO much better than the pro’s. I also watched the Pistons give up 150. And the Bucks didn’t break a sweat. The NBA is turning into an unwatchable product.
My Rutgers Knights can actually compete in the Big10 when it comes to basketball, anyway!
I’m about ready to watch the Greenbay game again!

2 Likes

It sure is. And I do enjoy the March Madness Tourny, at least in college you see some strategy being used. Zones, traps, full court presses, etc. And in college, the refs seem to let the guys play a little more. In the nba, everything is a foul. Like you said, basically an unwatchable product. Perhaps the young kids like all the scoring and no defense. It aint my cup of tea.

2 Likes

Beer Drinking GIF by lilcozynostril

Agree. Give me a 82-79 Badboy Pistons game - they were so much fun. Way more intrigue, rivalry, competition.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.