Sources: Rams' McVay to hire LaFleur as new OC

Third OC in as many years for Matt and McVay, although I wonder if it even matters all that much for veteran QBs.

2 Likes

System and lingo remain the same I presume through all the changes. McVay is the common denominator.

2 Likes

McVay calls the plays, so don’t think the OC change means too much.

Also, can we have the Rams first rounder again next season please!

3 Likes

McVay sure does go through a lot of offensive coordinators. What’s up with that.

He can now get an inside look on the SF offense.

1 Like

LaFleur was bad in New York.

And his brother was bad in Tennessee. I’m still not sure he’s actually that good of a coach.

1 Like

I’m reminded of the old James Carville line, “It’s the economy, stupid.”

“It’s the sequencing, stupid.” From the Mike Shanahan tree Kyle does that best. Then probably Sean. I think the rest of the “descendants” are less proven in that regard.

And I somewhat agree on Mike. I get the sense that he’s highly organized and as a result might just be a pretty good HC but I share your doubts re: Matt as offensive guru.

The one thing Matt did that he deserves credit for is to get Rodgers to stop playing hero ball and just check it down now and again. If someone could do that for Russ he’d suddenly become good again. Still that’s more of a man management thing than actual offensive acumen, which is big part of coaching for sure, but we’ll see how good he is when Rodgers is gone.

1 Like