Speaking truth about the Negative Fans and Goff haters!

I was on a call with a female client last Wednesday. She said she saw one of her ex’s and said, “OMG! WTF was I thinking, in dating this guy.”

That statement perpetuates the energy forward, as she is …
a) Judging herself…and
b) Judging him
What if instead she had noticed how unhealthy he is, and recognized that ppl who love themselves dont’ behave the way he behaves, and that he must be hurting. Also…I know to stay away from people who are projecting thier hurt?
This prevents her from judging him.

To hedge against judging herself, what if she instead celebrates her own growth, and her own ability to discern the difference between an unhealthy person who makes bad choices for himself, and a healthy king that would treat her right?

In discerning between the difference between a cheatin’ass ho and a beautiful lover, I can see the difference.

Dan Campbell ain’t no cheatin’ ass ho! He’s the real deal.
I have grown from watching all of the losers and can tell the difference now. Dan is an ultra-winner. He is everything I have ever wanted for the Lions. EXACTLY what I’ve wanted.

Celebrate the growth.
Celebrate the ability to discern.
If you go in expecting failure, you WILL create it.
Nobody should be dating a person they dont’ trust. If you never live fully, you are never fully alive. Celebrate and have fun! Holding back passion for fear of being hurt rips away 80% of yoru fun, in an attempt to avoid pain.

That’s trauma bonding.

1 Like

If someone based my way of being on my father and brother’s actions, they would never experience me. They would come in with 2 strikes and no balls (see what I did there)?

If someone knew my dad and/or one of my brothers, they would dislike me before they ever met me. #truth.
If ppl are doing that to Sheila, I feel for her.

1 Like

There was a time I thought it was a family heirloom. As long as its a sports team and she’s willing to do what is necessary to win, then we’ll be good. When it’s no longer a sports team, and it’s a family heirloom, it’s time to sell. We the fans deserve that.

1 Like

Oh, yeah. WCF viewed it as a prestigious place to take friends and family after church. As long as it was profitable, he was good.

Martha wanted to win, but didn’t know how. She sought help and did her best. It was important for Shiela to see her mother’s effort fail. Martha had twice the balls her husband did…and put in twice the effort her husband did…and it wasn’t nearly enough.

Sheila saw that Martha’s epic failure was not close to enough effort to get it right, and she put up a titan performance in efforts to get it right…and she did.

The office linebacker is a very important voice in the organization. He’s the only one that can stand in Dan Camplbells energy without wilting.

SO thankful we have a dudes (not just men…DUDES) in Campbell, the coaches, Brad, and C.Speilman (I use the first initial, because soon we will have a R.Spielman to go with it).

2 Likes

Who is the office linebacker? Is that Spielman? I thought you were talking about Sheila for a second and I was LOLing.

2 Likes

LOL - Yup. Been calling Spielman the office linebacker since we hired him. Love that Terry Tate shit SO much, and the Lions actually hired a REAL office linebacker.

2 Likes

I will gladly celebrate it when it actually happens. And when it does, I have no problem crediting you for believing all along. Well done.
Expecting failure and getting it is true, in situations that you have some sort of control in. I, and all of us, have zero ability to make the Lions any better. Maybe, some crowd noise at home game could sway a little bit of success. But other then that, we have nothing to do with thier success.
And, yeah, I should’ve broken up with the Lions decades ago. So I take a major L there.

1 Like

OK, I admit I did not like the notion of Goff as our QB, it honestly took me a good moment to say/think ’ hey that bridge has been crossed he is now our QB…I took a moment to dwell on the 3-wins to… BUT I thought “why blame Goff?” I mean The Detroit Lions were in rebuild set 1 and never really got that done before snap, the season is here. I thought “hoo boy this could get ugly.” and it did made worse by all our injuries…toss in the change @ play-caller and how much our Wr’s were in an infancy as a group back then…and I got it, I accepted it, I accept Goff, just wonder how he’s going to handle that pressure. You can’t boff up once your coach gives you high praise, AND you got a Nation of Lions Fans all eyeing and judging everything you do and WE expect a notably better result than 2021. To be honest, your whole team is depending on you and your family, friends and your girl will be watching to…that’s pretty damn heavy weight and you got to open up a can and show the world your not just another chump or a has-been.

1 Like

LOL @ “taking the L”

it’s true, we can either sty or go, but if you’re dating someone you don’t trust…it’s on you. :wink:
They are not making you unhappy → you are making you unhappy by dating them. Love the “taking the L”

I do believe in LOA, so I disagree that fans have no impact, but I completely understand what you are saying. As one person, it takes a TON of force to create change…like the guy who organized the Millen Man March! FANTASTIC!

1 Like

I’ve got socks older than the OP.

I havent seen but maybe 6 good seasons of football where the team was actually able to be seen as dangerous to the league since I started watching in 1974.

It takes a little more then a pitcher of Kool Aide after a 3 win season to re-fill Lake Mead-iocre after that kind of drought.

Stay thirsty, my friends

No GIF by Tokkingheads

5 Likes

Oprah Winfrey Reaction GIF

2 Likes

LOL

Happy You Good GIF

I thought for sure with an opening like like that, this post was going to be a poem.
LOL.

3 Likes

Kinda disagree with the premise. It wasn’t stafford or coming after stafford. It was the fact that his old team got rid of him for an “upgrade”. McVay publicly destroyed him……NFL fans in general without knowing the lions or caring would assume he sucks based on what they know about the nfl and where he has played……and the circumstances around him.

3 Likes

Hopefully you’re right and we are having that discussion 10months from now.
Small nitpick, it will be after 11 wins not 10, otherwise spot on! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Speaking for everyone…
Goff - not wanting him to succeed. If you’re hearing that from fans, it’s not at the Den.
Lions - not going to win because of Goff. Again, if you’re hearing that from fans, it’s not the Den.

There is no animosity toward Goff here. There are questions about his value. After a bumpy 2019 and 2020 seasons in LA, the Superbowl contenders shipped him out to pick up a QB that actually put them over the top. We have a QB that has to prove that he’s a franchise QB and not just a bridge. He doesn’t have to prove that to a group of fans in Detroit, he has to prove that to the whole league.

My suggestion, spend more time reading fan commentary here and less time at 4chan.

4 Likes

I could only listen to the first few mins, it was just BS sounds like a guy making a podcast with absolutely no idea what fans really think. It was so far off base that I stop listening. After about 2 min.

2 Likes

I would not consider myself a negative fan persay. I just try to be as realistic as possible. Have we had a good offseason by our standards? Certainly. Should we able to get more wins this season and really take a step forwards as an organization? Fingers crossed.

However, I think its good to stay grounded and realize that this is the Lions we are talking about. I love them as much as the next person, but have disappointed too many times in the past to get too pumped up about things, Goff included.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I agree.

We have a motor in Detroit. A motor that has failed several times over. We’ve rebuilt the motor several times. We’ve put in premium parts - star WR’s, RB’s, QB’s. We’ve invested a whole lot of time tweaking this motor, and its always let us down.

We’ve tried player-friendly coaches, we’ve tried military coaches. We’ve tried building the trenches, we’ve tried to run and shoot. We’ve tried bend don’t break defenses, we’ve tried Tampa-2, we’ve tried cover three.

Now we are saying, aha, that was all because the person rebuilding the motor didn’t know what he was doing. Now we have someone else - Sheila knows haw to build the best motor ever! Will it still be the same motor.??? They play in the same place. They have a reputation with the agency that certifies motors (the league). And they have a reputation with all of the motor inspectors (the refs). Does the past have nothing to do with the future? How many times have we heard there’s a clean slate now?

Is it better to over-promise and under-deliver?
Or under-promise and over-deliver?
I like to surprise people and over-deliver.

It doesn’t have much to do with your outlook on life.
My friend has two kids - one is brilliant, one is a screw-up. He used to say - yeah, I got one in Penn State, and one in the State Pen. He’s a positive person, but which kid do you think he’s more positive about? Will the one kid ever succeed? I hope so, but he’s waiting for some tangible evidence.

Past failures usually do have a bearing on future success. The motor is the motor, the kid is the kid. Can they change? Sure, absolutely. But to turn a blind eye on the past is foolish.

Have you ever heard of “healthy” skepticism? It is built on the fact that you can learn from experience. It is ok to be skeptical. Its a defense mechanism. Which is OK. Realistic expectations.

No one loves Dan Campbell more than me. It sure feels different this time, doesn’t it? This is exactly what we need. This mechanic knows what he’s doing, and maybe the certifying agency and the inspectors will agree. It’s fun to get sucked in and believe it…all over again (and again).

Be positive, enjoy life. Sing in the rain. Try something new. Make tomorrow better than today. Couldn’t agree more. But beware of your Lions, they’re good at breaking hearts!

3 Likes

There’s also circumstance. Last era we were bad enough to have several top five picks contemporaneously we got foundational pieces. CJ, Stafford, Suh…

Was all before the rookie salary cap when top pick salaries were becoming problematic in relation to salary caps

We couldn’t pay all three of those cats and continue to bring in complimentary pieces

Now we have foundational pieces in Hutch, Williamson, and like it or not Goff. He’s still a young former number one overall pick. And we are about to shed a ton of dead cap. I like where this team is at overall better than I have in decades. Young, talented with good direction and energy, and all in on a coaching staff that actually seems to know what they are doing

4 Likes