St. Brown... Boom Goes the Dynamite

I missed both these plays during the game, and yes they are two separate plays. Love this kid!

9 Likes

Nice! That’s how you chip.

3 Likes

Hope to see more of him next outing. So much "new stuff’ to watch, I lost track of St Brown during the game. LOL.

2 Likes

Spielman would call that a slobber knocker!

4 Likes

He did that at least twice.

He’s our Hines Ward.

4 Likes

Sun God to move to LT!!!

If you look close its 2 different plays in the clip…played back to back but look identical. If you focus on Sewell it makes it easier to see its 2 different plays.

4 Likes

They can slide Sewell to LG and Decker to RT. Solves all of the problems!

Love it!

I’m talking out of my butt here but…! :crazy_face:

Maybe part of the game plan for this game was to lean on pass pro via the wrs and TE and RBs? A lot and secondly opening up the passing game

Now, this week we should be feeling better about the oline and push the passing lanes more so than the Passpro…

DeadDog, I honestly think the coaches didn’t know exactly what to expect from the team with Decker out, Sewell at LT and many of the players not playing in much of the preseason. With Goff’s rep as short-yardage passing warrior, they had to be anticipating SF to be crowding up trying to take away his comfort zone, and the coaches had to offer the extra help like you said above. They should have a little better view of things coming into next week.

Agree that they could tell the future

But now with tape, I think we will see them adjust!

Good catch, I didn’t catch that until I read your post.

1 Like

I think the fact that it looked like the exact same chip when focusing on just St. Brown says something about his attention to detail; one of his biggest strengths is his route running, which utilizes the same skill set.

And it was 2 different defensive players. So he was so consistent with his execution he made it look identical even though its 2 different plays on 2 different players. One was some guy with a number in the 50s and the other one looked like it was Bosa.

1 Like

One was Bosa, and the other was Ebukam. That’s 6’0" 197# St. Brown straight up molly-woppin’ Ebukam at 6’3" 245# and Bosa at 6’4" 266#.

3 Likes

Remember, his scouting report said “doesn’t play strong enough.” Fire that guy, he didn’t watch the film. LOL

2 Likes

I remember Tonyan slightly off line like that blasting Okwara last year and I actually thought it was illegal. Not sure why I thought that. It seemed illegal for some reason, lol.

That’s awesome! LOL

I remember not seeing Robert Tonyan do that as well. :rofl:

I honestly am not familiar with the play you are talking about. However there is a chance of a receiver or TE blocking down being illegal. When you are as close as Brown was and he is able to just take a step and make immediate contact…that’s just a normal chip block. To state the spirit of the rule, if you are able to step forward to make contact you are safe. But if you are turned completely parallel to the line of scrimmage you are not supposed to make that block. Being parallel happens so it tends to get enforced when someone has to take a handful of steps to get to the guy but they don’t enforce it when its just short area “chip” type block. All blocks where the receiver/TE are turned towards their own endzone are supposed to be illegal.

1 Like