St. Browns Upside?

I said Hines Ward last year.
I’ll say Hines Ward this year.
Maybe next year I’ll say Jerry R… no no no. Let’s pull it back a little. For now.

3 Likes

Amon Ra has unlimited upside because he has that motivation no one else does and it FUELS him:

Dave Birkett on Twitter: “Amon-Ra St. Brown is a straight killer. Lions are lucky to have him. Said he spent part of last week’s game vs. Washington looking for Dyami Brown, one of the WRs taken before him in 2020 draft: “I didn’t see him in the game much.” St Brown went 9-116-2; Brown was 0-0-0.” / Twitter

2 Likes

I’m ready to call him an elite possession receiver. I have been one of those who have held off crowning him as anything more than a really good slot. But it’s pretty clear the guy knows how to get open. And he’s extremely reliable. If Jamo is the player I think he is, I think we have our legit 1/2 combo for years to come.

I always wanted the Herman Moore/Brett Perriman combination. Even when I played video games lol (a long time ago), I always wanted a 6’3+ WR1 and a shorter possession guy for my WR2. That’s how I always envisioned it. But I can see a game breaker and a possession receiver, regardless of size/build, being an elite duo.

2 Likes

Soon to be of the month!!

2 Likes

Homes came close. He gave us Williams/Perriman last year! :joy:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Looking at that chart, you could have easily justified selecting him at pick 10 overall. hahahahaha.
Get 'em, Brad!
Hoping Rodrigo is this year’s version of Ra, even if a little watered down!

1 Like

Let’s be super clear…. Kupp was Goffs top target, and then Stafford…. Despite Woods, Cooks, etc Goff still went to Kupp. Despite OBJ, Woods, and Van- Stafford went to Kupp.

QBs like completions…. TDs and hate ints and taking hits.

Guys who win early get theirs.

ASB won despite being doubled last year. He played 3 games as a rookie with Boyle.

ASB will get his. He’s on pace for 200 plus targets for 1600 yards and 20 tds…. We are 1-1 with a close loss to a top 4 team…

I feel like Charks 6 targets a game will eventually go to Jamo, and with better results.

I also don’t expect to run for 150-200 yards a week… one can hope- so I expect 5 more passes a week and those go to Chark-

2 Likes

That would be nuts. If a 6th rounder can be a legit starter (rather than a guy everyone wants to replace), that would be incredible. He’s off to a promising start anyway!

I love that chart too. Really exciting stuff.

I also loved his quote about the Vikings. ‘They didn’t grab a WR, but they didn’t pick me either. I know they had some picks.’ Just burning to show everyone but the lions how wrong they were to pass on him…

1 Like

upside to ARStB??, hmm: great eye for in game flexibility , quick, agile, has break-away ability, can switch and hit holes in a flash…change direction , ability to get and be open and beat defenders, overall availability , good health, has vision to see plays develop…in game.

Word! Fun stuff!

I think we are seeing the “peak” of St. Brown. He hit it earlier than most. Now it is about being a professional and maintaining it.

8+ catches a week and 1+ TD’s. Goal now is to maintain.

2 Likes

Lmao and I was praying to get Elijah Moore in the draft. I wanted the Perriman/Moore duo but the opposite version :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

If he maintains that for 17 games, he’s got 136 catches and 17 TD’s! I’ll take it! :smiley: And don’t forget about all his rushing yards too!

2 Likes

Sweet I want my paycheck right now.

1 Like

Actual photo of ARSB with the “chip on his shoulder”.

3 Likes

Haha I’ve seen that dudes fitness channel before.

This here is the perfect description of ASB’s first touchdown against Washington. Covered in the end zone, Goff under heavy pressure, tosses it up on a 50/50 ball as he’s being hit, and SunGod comes down with it. Goff has that confidence now that if Amon-Ra can’t come down with it, he’s not going to allow it to be picked off either. That’s a big step for both guys. And ASB made it look so effortless. Love this guy. Still totally surprising me. Surprising everyone, else he’d have been selected top 20! Jackpot 4th round draft pick for Brad Holmes.

1 Like

Someone please photoshop amon-ra’s face on this picture!

3 Likes