Stafford against winning teams

Seems like yesterday was just a hiccup game . But if pattern get repeated against good defense it will be a concern . Titans started with they have no offense and Rams turn overs uneccasery gave Titans momentum Rams’ Matthew Stafford can’t get it going against winning teams

1 Like

Yeah, he had a really bad game. Those two picks he threw were inexcusable. The Rams as a whole stunk. Stafford probably thought he was back in Detroit.

#1 QB under pressure.

I did experience some deja vu while watching the game.

2 Likes

The Rams have 7 wins.
The combined record of the teams they beat is 20-39.

The Rams have 2 losses.
Those teams are a combined 15-3 this year.

The rest of the teams they play for remainder of season is 35-31.

They have 3 games left against teams with winning records (Cards, Wackers, & Ravens).

So 12-5 looks like a possibility???

This is one narrative that has strong data that is becoming backed up by a change in circumstance w similar results.

Matt Richards GIF by HQ Trivia

2 Likes

The defense kept them in the game, but Stafford cost them the game for sure yesterday. They would’ve won yesterday without the two picks.

Hey! Maybe it’s in the water where he grew up!!!

Remember the eleventy billion media references about him and Clayton Kershaw growing up together etc etc etc ???

Clayton Kershaw career stats-185 wins 84 losses 2.49 ERA (best in baseball across his career span) 1.00 baserunners /nine innings ( also best). 2700 strikeouts 3Cy Young Awards, 1 MVP as pitcher (rare)

Clayton Kershaw playoff stats-13-12, 4.19 ERA 1.08 BR/9IP …1 WS win out of 3 tries, Totally different guy.

Think GIF by LA Clippers

WAIT! KERSHAW IS A FREE AGENT FOR THE FIRST TIME N HIS CAREER! DOES THIS MEAN HE SIGNS WITH THE TIGERS!!!

WOOOO!!!

Lol. I prefer mad Max

Scherzer ain’t signing here. He wants to stay in SoCal and he is looking at the biggest AAV contract in baseball history between 3/120 and 3/150.

I know. Just a wish

1 Like

Stafford’s post game talk to his offense.

Possible, but and they end of the day (particularly against winning teams), Stafford wets himself. LA will so find out what Detroit has known for years

1 Like

Followed by the Stafford slappies who don’t ever see the bad Stafford, and think he’s elite, and his awful play is never his fault, and during his 12 years here he didnt play a large part in the Lions choking in the biggest games, and that he should be on the NFL’s QB Mt Rushmore:

3 Likes

Oh yes I see Soooo many posters saying that “Stafford is Elite.” :roll_eyes: um newsflash JR isn’t here.

The question then becomes…“Do they lose in the first round of the playoffs or the second?”

Home field advantage didn’t seem to mean that much in Los Angeles. Is Stafford going to be able to perform at a high level for 2 weeks in a row against winning teams?

Division race with Cards is huge.

Hard to believe the Rams can win 3 straight on the road
when that might require facing 3 of these teams… Bucs, Cowboys, Cards, Packers.

They don’t run it that well, and don’t stop the run that well… which is not typically a formula for playoff success.

4 Likes

I will say this, when he gets to the playoffs, there won’t be any teams with losing records to beat up on. Love Stafford, but he has struggled in most big games versus good teams throughout his career.

1 Like

Stafford has a good winning record this year . If he make same mistakes against good teams then blame should go to mcvay for not understanding Staffords weakness and not dialing stafford friendly calls

1 Like

There’s also a chance they could get cam akers back by the playoffs. I’ve read that he’s already been running. If he comes back anywhere near where he used to be that changes things. Even if his workload is light.

1 Like