Stafford - AT&T commercial

Wait, what?

There was an AT&T/Stafford commercial? Think the OP is on to something…

1 Like

Why? It wouldn’t make sense…unless said player had the same Operating System (which will never happen again, as it is obsolete).

Do you dislike Matt for some reason?
Is this linked to your extreme Goff sensitivity?
Certainly a divergent thought, wherever it comes from.

1 Like

because it would be amusing

3 Likes

FWIW, that’s how I took it. I didn’t see it as a Stafford or Goff dig. Maybe I’m naive!

4 Likes

The more I see this commercial, the more I like it. Like someone else said, I was also confused at first. But its simply a great tribute to us fans. If I know Matt, he probably did have some input and didn’t want to acknowledge it. At the very least, he plays the part convincingly and sincerely. I think the commercial does some good for the city and the team. Its just another tiny reason of why I feel that energy is mounting to “be on our side” this year.

3 Likes

Yes, this is what I mean for the most part. He may or may not have been able to improv a little on some takes and/or tune a word or phrase. I dont think I was clear. Wasnt there, cant know, but yeah thanks both.

2 Likes

“Even though I enjoyed my old phone (time with Lions), every bit of it, and will never EVER forget it”. Apparently this is a dig at the Lions. What?

2 Likes

[quote=“JerseyJungle, post:24, topic:16073”]

I also found the Stafford commercial amusing. I didn’t see it as a dig at all. A little pandering maybe. And also metaphorically it’s a little awkward. So the Lions are a 12 year old phone? We are the Blackberry of the NFL?

But I think Staffords intentions were good anyway. But seriously, if Goff or someone won a Superbowl here (Not only would it be amazing) It would be funny to see a spoof commercial of him shopping for a used phone and seeing a 12 year old Blackberry for sale with a Lions sticker on the back and saying, ‘I’ll take that one’

2 Likes

I loved my Blackberry SO MUCH

Wish I could bolt that keyboard onto this phone…dont even get me started about the dogshit voice to text. How does this feature get worse over time with better tech? Mind-boggling.

5 Likes

Feels like voice recognition software hasn’t come far since Dragon Dictation.

2 Likes

She does fill out a dull light blue blouse extremely admirably.

2 Likes

I can see why it doesn’t work for you. Your vocabulary is way too advanced.

2 Likes

Its never “ducking”, voice recognition algo…never.

1 Like

@Weaselpuppy
Bro, have you tried Otter.ai ?

It’s a transcribing software that is about in line with Siri’s intelligence level, so you will have to make edits, but it saves SO much time. I’m digging it.

1 Like

Willcheck it out. Thx.

1 Like

I thought it was funny and a good spin on the commercial…oh well, back to watching Matt throw love to the city.

1 Like

Don’t buy into the outside Detroit narrative (or inside Detroit narrative if you read Monarrez) about this commercial being a slam at Detroit.
It’s easy for outside media to crush the Lions on stuff.

Here’s what I think I know: Yeah the Lions didn’t exactly make Staffords life in Detroit all that great. BUT……at the end of the day the organization did Stafford a solid by sending him to the team that he wanted to go to—a team that ultimately won the Super Bowl.

Yes, Detroit didn’t trade him out of purely unselfish reasons given the draft picks they got but they could have been jerks about it and weren’t. I think Matt appreciates that.

Now the best thing Stafford could do if he really wants to return the favor to Detroit and say thanks—announce your retirement one month before the start of the season. It would certainly put the Lions in a great position for a higher Rams draft pick.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for Stafford’s next commercial based on his past…

2 Likes

What I really want to see is Kelly in a pretzel commercial.

5 Likes

I hate Pettigrew for ducking the pass thrown behind him against Tampa Bay in 2013

Parenthesis voice recognition was used in the creation of this post Parenthesis

2 Likes