Stafford & Hockenson deserve credit

Not to mention, the blocked punt, the ill-timed time-out, Decker given-up a sack-fumble in the opponents red-zone, etc, etc.

1 Like

It seems the coaching staff is gradually incorporating him back.

The Matt and Hock connection was really nice to see. I really want to see the TEs utilized more.

4 Likes

Stafford, and the Lions offense overall, did almost nothing in the second half. And did nothing at “winning time.”

Your expectations are too low.

Hockenson set an NFL record today dude lol

I’m not trying to be bright and sunny, its just something else to throw into the trash fire that is the memory of this game.

2 Likes

Exactly right! And it really started in the 3rd for them to stop applying pressure

Hockenson had a hell of a game …but a career is more than one game, from what I’m told anyways. We’ll see in a few years how this plays out.

1 Like

Another positive. Kennard leads the league with 3 sacks.

2 Likes

I thought Tracy Walker played well even though he missed a tackle.

I think he did last year as well up to a certain point anyways. He started-out hot, had 5 sacks in 5 games…and then 2 the rest of the year.

1 Like

Why PP thought it would be a good idea to have him in single coverage on Fitz is WAY beyond me.

You do realize that he is a safety and could have been playing a zone and Fitz came into his zone right?

I don’t know what coverage we were in TBH but when you are a safety playing a two deep or 3 deep zone you can’t control who comes into your zone, you just cover him. And the DC can’t control who comes into his zone.

And TBH it was a perfectly thrown ball that Fitz had to make a diving catch on. Walker was right behind him. Sometimes a guy just makes a great catch even if the coverage is pretty good and frankly the coverage wasn’t bad on that play. The ball was were only Fitz could get it and he had to make a fully extended dive to get it

Fine time to start playing zone, AFTER we let Tabor go. Makes sense.

I didn’t say we were in a zone…just saying that unless I can see the whole D and not just the ball come in with Walker covering Fitz I can’t say what the call was nor can I blame the DC. If they lined up Walker over Fitz M2M…you can question that call. But I don’t know that they did. I only saw the ball come down to FItz with Walker on his back and was pointing out they could have been in a 2 deep zone with man across the front or any number of coverages

I didnt say you said we were :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hock played great and I’m pumped for him, but it also looks like he ran 2 incorrect routes, one for sure since he was corrected by Stafford immediately on the field. The other was near the end zone on a drive where we got the field goal I think. Anyway. He has room for improvement still and is making a some rookie mistakes.

4 Likes

Well, the good news is that according to all the Ebron defenders we still have 3 years before he should be expected to be any good

2 Likes

Other then Decker and Agnew I don’t have anything bad to say about any players. The coaching staff fucked this game up plain and simple. They took their foot off the gas got conservative way to early. Arizona capitalized on a soft defense and stole the momentum of the game. 2 things I noticed as this game was slipping away, Stafford looked pissed off sitting by himself and the D doesn’t appear to have leaders on the field to rally the troops.

3 Likes

I agree with you. Our plan switched form a great one that played to the strength of our players…to the exact opposite of that. !00% on the coaches.

2 Likes

…coache(s) who are supposedly the smartest in the room everytime they enter one.

:thinking:

2 Likes