Offense: QB Patrick Mahomes, KC
Defense: DE Maxx Crosby, LV
ST: K Evan McPherson, CIN

NFC
Offense: QB Matthew Stafford, LAR
Defense: LB Chandler Jones, AZ
ST: P Bradley Pinion, TB

Ummmmm - What about Kyler Murray?
The love affair begins. He might be the odds on favorite for MVP.

Murray and Jalen Hurts played better.

Go listen to Jeff Manns (Elite Fantasy) talk about Stafford and the media love affair. He’s on point.

2 Likes

Been sayin it man. He is going to light it up in LA. That dude was a bad ass in Detroit with zero run game or defense most years. Imagine him with a semblance of both and the refs in his pocket.

And I’ll say this for the record, as much as I love some of the WRs he’s played with on the Lions over the years, IMO he has neve had the sort of top to bottom WR and TE crew he has with LA.

1 Like

The Rams rushed for 74 yards last Sunday, they rank 24th in the league right now, 25th in YPC.

Okay, so Stafford did that with little running game. No surprise, he’s been doing that his whole career. Except now he has a defense, and what I think is the really overlooked thing is better offensive playcalling with better (at least to my preference) skill players (overall, obviously I’ll take Megatron over any of them).

I would still call what Stafford has right now in LA better than anything he ever had in Detroit in terms of run offense. and they are running on 2nd and 3rd string tailbacks.

4 Likes

Do you know what confirmation bias is?

He set two career records … in his first game with the another team during an illustrious 13 year career. I think one was YaC, which speaks to his receiver set. Cupp is just another level, while in Detroit we thought giving him NE’s shitty leftovers was going to suffice. Hardly.

We’ve likewise equipped Goff with nothing. Hopefully the rebuild allows us to stockpile for him or his replacement in 2-3 years, and Detroit can compete at that level.

As it stands, if the Lions played the Rams tomorrow, they’d hang 50 on us.

6 Likes

At halftime, I think there leading rusher was Woods with 7 yards. So they actually got their run game clicking in the 2nd half.

They lost their starter to a knee injury, right? I’m guessing they’ll get it going, but I think the run game struggles were expected. But in the second half they blew up the Bears oline.

The one thing we equipped Goff that Stafford never had is a run game to be respected, if Sunday is any indication.

We do play the Rams in LA later in the year.

1 Like

I think that’s when their Peters went down. (no pun intended)

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Of course, he is!
Seriously, who (in their right mind) thought for a minute, that he was the Problem in Detroit?

1 Like

I love Stafford but Murray definitely deserved it.

2 Likes

Pretty sure it won’t be the only time his name is connected with Player of the (insert week, year).

1 Like

That’s awesome. And what’s so cool about it is the NFL has decided that with every Stafford achievement in LA, they are going to go back and retroactively award us wins. Its a pretty dope tradeoff.

4 Likes

Omg! We won the Super Bowl in 91!

2 Likes

:thinking:… you been round ere long?

1 Like

I’m Notfishinsunday. Forgot my password/got a new phone.
That’s why I added, (in their right mind).

1 Like

Dude, you need to change your name to Notfishingsundays, just so I can keep everybody straight.
Good to have you back.
How long were you gone?

3 Likes

Couldn’t have been a better start for Stafford. he NFCW is going to be a dog fight this year. Rams better shore up that run D if they want to win it.

1 Like