Stafford Tier III?

I agree that he needs to play much better next week. Tough match-up upcoming.

I have steadfastly said that Matt is a good to very good QB, and the term elite should be reserved for 2-3 guys. If tier I has 3-4 guys and tier II has 4-5 guys, I have zero problem with him being tier III.

So far, Matt has looked good this year. I can live with that because he looks great when he is playing within the system and has (in the past) looked very good in many 4th quarter comebacks.

I think Matt is a good fit for the offense that is being implemented. I think he will continue to look better as he is more comfortable in it.

THANK YOU.

Sometimes I wish we would go the way of Around The Horn and just ban that word.

1 Like

Right? Everyone gets a ribbon…

1 Like

Six Tiers of QBs
Brady, Rogers, Mahomes, Brees. Watson.
Wilson, Ryan, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Cam
Stafford, Wentz, Cousins, Dak, Goff
Mayfield, Jackson, Trubisky, Allen, Darnold
Mariota, Winston, Carr, Garrapolo, Foles
Flacco, Keenum, Fitzmagic, Brissett, Murray

This season tier change possibilities
Brees-
Wilson+
Roethlisberger-
Cam-
Wentz+
Mayfield++
Jackson++
Winston-
Garrapolo+
Murray+

Dalton? He has looked great. What has Mayfield done? He looked terrible in the first game and will probably look awful tomorrow. He might get exposed a bit.

DAK is a top 10 QB without question.

2 Tiers of QB
Tier 1 - Mathew
Tier 2 - everybody else

Shake’n’Bake

1 Like

and we’ll gloss over the 2 picks that should never have been thrown, throwing into double coverage but not a high point throw.

1 Like

I thought Rich Gannon had the perfect definition of what an “elite” QB is…you are surprised when he has a “bad” game. In that light I believe there are only about 3 Elite QBs in the NFL right now.

1 Like

I’d say 4, Brees, Brady, Rodgers and Mahomes…that kids is special.

I guess.

If you think a QB that us going to the HOF (for real not just his jersey for his gutsy game winner v Cleveland) Tier III

Whatever… It’s his opinion

You nailed the 3 I was thinking about. Mahomes is certainly playing at an elite level right now, I just want a larger sample size before I officially crown him.

2 Likes

I was hesitant to anoint him, but he’s lost his starting RB and #1 receiver and the offense hasn’t missed a beat. Dude is a human cheat code.

He’s lost Tyreek Hill, but I wouldn’t exactly feel sorry for the guy with Sammy Watkins as his main receiver. The Chiefs thought highly enough of him to make him the highest paid WR in football this year with a $19.2M cap charge. 2019 Wide Receiver Contracts and Salaries | Over The Cap

You really want to debate how good Watkins is? He’s had over 600 yards twice in his career and not once in the last 4 years. He’s a good #2, but he’s too unreliable an injury prone. Also, they backloaded his contract…he accounted for under $8 million against the cap last year. When Watkins was treated like a #1 yesterday, he was held to 49 yards while a career #4 receiver (Demarcus Robinson) had a huge stat line with172 yards and 2 TDs. What’s the constant? Mr. Mahomes.

KC gave him a 3 year $48M contract. They seem to like him a heck of alot more than you do. Maybe you should call them and let them know they can save a ton of money and get the same player elsewhere?

We all know Watkins is a very talented player who can’t stay healthy. And your “only had over 600 yards twice” is cute. He had over 1,000 one year and damn near 1,000 the other year. He opened the first 2 years of his career with 2,000 receiving yards and 15 TDs with Kyle Orton, EJ Manual and Tyrod Taylor throwing to him.

I like Mahomes and I like that offense, but I’m not exactly going to cry a river for a guy that “only” has Sammy Watkins as his #1 once he loses Tyreek Hill. And he’s still got the best TE in football.

So true Jeff, so true!

Predictably, 4 of the first 5 Facebook comments on this article were negative-themed directly at Stafford. After he makes THAT throw to win a game as a home underdog. Smell the effing roses before you piss in the garden, people. Right @DetLionsPodcast ? https://t.co/UYFgwOia7i

— Jeff Risdon (@JeffRisdon) September 16, 2019

Matthew Stafford moves into top 10 in career 4th quarter comeback wins https://t.co/6nh6t2lJoJ

— The Lions Wire (@thelionswire) September 16, 2019

LMAO it’s Matthew, and that will be the day…

I remember when I heard the contract he signed and I was SHOCKED he got that amount. He played in 10 regular season games last year and amassed a whopping 520 yards and had 62 yards in both of their playoff games. He’s a nice player, not a #1, his contract is terrible and can’t be used to make him out to be a top wide out. Not going to argue about Kelce, he’s the best receiving TE in the league. Mahomes does things I’ve only ever seen Aaron Rodgers do (and some things I’ve never seen before)… He’s elite in my book