Stafford to the Rams

Agree with Goff not changing a damn thing about what we may do with our 1st round pick. They may have thrown in the extra 3rd or 1st if we were Willing to take Goff. Taking Goff off their hands may have allowed us to get an extra draft pick out of them.

Unfortunately since the first our future picks this ruins my plans on rooting for Stafford. We need the Rams to lose so these are higher picks…

2 Likes

I was way off.

1 Like

Either Brad Holmes is crazy, or he’s a genius.

2 Likes

A QB that was drafted 1st overall, has played in the super bowl, has a career 42-27 record as a starter, a career 91.5 QB rating, was an MVP candidate three years ago, has played in one more pro bowl than Matt Stafford and will be 26 to start the season.

Stafford is clearly the more talented QB but we are buying low on Goff IMO and I think/hope we are going to flip him.

I didn’t want Goff but along side 2 1sts? I never thought that was possible.

16 Likes

Goff contract is an easy out. Consider him a bridge QB that allows the Lions to draft a future QB like Lance who will need some development time a d let Lance ride the pine a year or two.

I never thought the Rams would step up that high. I figured it would be Indy who would push tier chips in.

5 Likes

Btw, get Matt on your fantasy team next year. He’s going to light it up.

2 Likes

No one except the biggest Stafford slappies thought this kind of return was possible.

Hooray Team All-Consensus-No-Boss in Allen Park!

6 Likes

Second FRP is the price for taking on Goff. I still think he’s worth a change of scenery gamble where he doesn’t have the pressure of being top pick anymore.

1 Like

Well his $27.5M of his 2021 salary is guaranteed, so can’t move on this year unless we trade him . . .

4 Likes

Interesting fact most of you may have never heard of… current LA Dodgers SP Clayton Kershaw and Mathew Stafford have met before… where’s the dripping with sarcasm emoji when you need it.

8 Likes

Wow!

Didn’t Kersh and Staff play college golf together?

1 Like

Never considered getting Goff but I really wanted us to get a vet for 2021 and gp defense at #7.

Goff is better than cam/Mariotta/any other FA QB available so this is actually a pleasant surprise. Wishing we had an extra 1st this year but since this won’t be a 1 year rebuild, 2 1st might be the best for our long term

1 Like

What’s the worst Goff could do…not win a playoff game ??

14 Likes

Especially when he plays against DET this year.

1 Like

I’ll take teams that can fit Goff under the salary cap and need a quarterback for 32m, Alex.

3 Likes

Or even Fields, who could also benefit from not being thrown to the wolves immediately.

The more I think about this, the more I come around on it.

The Lions are rebuilding anyway. So here you go, Goff. Are you a worthwhile NFL starter? The Rams just gave up on you. Come in with a chip on your shoulder and prove something. Play so well that we can never put our first-round QB pick in, a la Rodgers and Jordan Love.

Or, don’t, and we move on relatively painlessly.

4 Likes

Yeah, Goff is an easy stopgap that can let a rookie sit and watch all year. I have zero issue with him.

1 Like

Now the question is do we flip Goff and the picks for something else???

pondering my face GIF by Andrew Deitsch Podcast

4 Likes