Starting LB's

In 2015, we had a decent starting LB crew of Tulloch, Whitehead and Bynes. Not great but passable. This was the year after Levy had started, who was probably our last LB who was in Pro Bowl contention. Since that time, we’ve had an emabrassing mix of average to below average free agents and draft busts, starting with Jarrad Davis, including:
Kyle Van Noy
Pul Worrilow
Kennard
Christian Jones
Jalani Tavai
Jamie Collins
Alex Anzalone

We just keep missing and missing. IOnce we selected Sewell, I really wanted someone like Jamin Davis, Jabril Cox, or Nick Bolton in this past draft. I just hope Barnes has something different.

Since LB’s have had to get more involved in pass coverage, who has been our best LB? Spielman and Boyd never had to cover backs and TEs the way LB’s do in today’s game. I draw blanks.

1 Like

As much as I like Sewell, watching Parsons wreak havoc at DE last week and seeing our defense, make me think he still may have been the better pick for the Lions

1 Like

Anzalone is Campbell’s Dwayne Washington

Its funny I was watching that Dallas game too and thinking man that Carolina trade for Bridgewater and #8. It’d be nice to watch Sewell AND Parsons. It’ll be interesting to see who we get with those picks knowing we could have had Parsons or Fields rather than the guys we got (if we didn’t play nice guy with Stafford).

3 Likes

that’s a good point. Especially since the Rams first rounders will likely be in the deep 20’s

We should start getting pity 1st rd picks from the NFL for Accorsi-ing us. Kind of how the NBA started giving the Cavs 1st rounders after their owner/gm traded like 6 years worth for shitbag journeymen.

That’s insane!!! I can’t believe that was allowed to happen

I think it would be difficult for any rookie defensive player to look good on this defense.

The Real Lesson here is that Power Monopolies will Always bail out Rich People to keep The System going and going and going.

How else do you explain the National Debt?

2 Likes

We need 3 LBs.

1 Like

3 LB’s, 2 CB’s, 1 Safety, 2 WR’s, 1 TE, 1 D EDGE , a backup QB, possibly a kicker…

One safety??? I’d say at least 3 because walker stinks too

1 Like

I think that’s about all we can handle in 1 year.

Your wrong but its your opinion TCKLS 8 SCK 1

It would go a long way if Julian Okwara could ever figure it out. I really thought he would develop this season. Getting him and Barnes going would boost our overall team speed.

It’s painfully obvious that speedy LBs are a requisite in this scheme.

2 Likes

Was banging this from day 1. Parsons was the pick to really make an impact. Our D is atrocious…especially LB. However, I’m not complaining Sewell fell to us but it was more of a luxury pick.
Posted numerous times Parsons is hands down DROY and will be comparable to Ray lewis/LT in today’s game. He is that physically talented

Disagree. Parsons has “it”… he’s a beast

Parsons was playing well out of position?

He’s terrible. That’s far from an opinion it’s fact