Steelers release David DeCastro

BRAD,

GET
ON
THE
PHONE!

This was the final year of his deal. I’m going to go out on a limb and say he’s done. I’d have to imagine if it was a money issue they would have worked it out with him, including adding a fake option year to spread out some costs.

I’m guessing this will be a TJ Lang type signing for someone if he doesn’t retire.

2 Likes

He has serious ankle problem an i agree Wesley I think he is going to retire . I think we would have heard more if it was $ problem

June 24, 2021 04:36 PM

David DeCastro: Released by Steelers

by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

The Steelers have released DeCastro.

At first glance, the move was a surprising one, but Mike Garafolo of NFL Network relays that the veteran guard has been dealing with ankle issues and is evaluating his playing future. Meanwhile, with DeCastro no longer in the team’s O-line mix, the Steelers have reportedly had talks with free agent Trai Turner.

October 22, 2020 08:16 PM

Steelers’ David DeCastro: Full-go for Thursday’s practice

by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

DeCastro (abdomen) was listed as a full participant for the Steelers’ practice session Thursday, Brooke Pryor of ESPN.com reports.

The five-time Pro Bowler has only been able to suit up twice for Pittsburgh thus far in 2020, but he is trending towards a Week 7 appearance after improving from limited to full practice participation between Wednesday and Thursday. Despite DeCastro’s absence for much of the season thus far, Pittsburgh is still tied for eighth best in the league with just 1.6 sacks allowed per game. He has a chance to suit up Sunday in a matchup of AFC unbeatens, as Tennessee plays host to the Steelers.

Stud guard in his prime, but lots of injury concerns recently. Nothing to lose by bringing him in for a visit and letting the team doctors check him out physically though.

I’d bet he retires. Similar to the Gurley situation IMO.

And call your momma. Don’t inquire about a guy who used to be a great player who is now nothing but a name, who wouldn’t make it through the first 4 games. We “used” to do that. Let’s not repeat the mistakes of the past.

4 Likes

If the Steelers don’t want him, he must be pretty much done.

1 Like

He needs ankle surgery. Pass.

Didn’t know about the injury and just saw the name…

2 Likes