Steelers sign FA Melvin Ingram - Who’s still left?

We’re starting to see some movement on a few remaining FA’s left out there and the best pass rusher left in the market decided to go to PIT.

With training camp about to start I’m expecting teams to snatch up the few remaining quality FA’s. I also think we might see some trades happening soon as teams start to finalize their final rosters. Teams have to cut down to 85 by Aug. 17, 80 by Aug. 24 and 53 players by Aug. 31. The three cutdown dates are all on Tuesdays following each of the three weeks of the preseason.

So that begs the question. What free agents are out there still and who might we trade for?

Possible safeties we could target.
Tre Boaton, Malik Hooker, Jeff Heathans Kenny Vaccaro.

Possible WR’s - Golden Tate, Kenny Stills, D’Anthony Thomas maybe

I think Golden is someone that can these younger guys and still has some juice to his game.
Kenny Stills never really lived up to the hype imo. His best year was his 2nd season and that was 2014 with 63 receptions, other than that he’s a career 30-50 catch WR.

1 Like

He’s a lot like Perriman. Both have low catch rates hovering around 50%. But Perriman has only broken 600+ yards once. Stills has done it 5 times.

Stills brings drama. No thanks.

Give me Tate. That’s the homer in me talking but I don’t care. I would love to root for him for one more year. One of my favorite Lions of recent history.

I’d also be interested in a safety but I think waiting for cuts is the way to go. Don’t trust Hooker to stay healthy. Boston might be an okay stopgap.

1 Like

What’s is Holmes MO on picking up players to add to the team, after TC and the players released at that point in time?

Agree, but his presence would likely adversely impact the development of St. Brown.

First time GM. He doesn’t have an MO.

It could have a real positive effect if state comes in as a mentor.

Or the Rams MO with him in the leadership mix…

But I get what you’re slinging!!

MO is to pick up guys that were dropped by other teams after the 53 cut. There are guys out there they like/wish they had drafted and they will be cut. They will use waivers or signing bonuses to get guys they think can contribute but may not be ready day 1. Every team will shed 40 guys at least temporarily.

I don’t expect many moves until that time.

1 Like

I don’t expect an signings I think they wait an see what they have with pads on…I ask simple question everyone is questioning S depth I like what we may have We have Walker who is a solid S even with off year last season an when you think of DL play an LB play you want to say he is bad give me a break…now likely his S partner Marlowe was number 3 on Bills which had very good depth at S so I wouldn’t just trash him.

Now we get to many fav trash him all time Player Harris now i agree but when we say well it was MPs defence that screwed them up for players some on here like but for Harris he sucks is hardly objective points, I would say this is his last chance to stay a Lion will he i wouldn’t bet against him.
He has this season chance I think an he has the tools At 6-foot-1, 207 pounds with a 4.41-second 40-yard dash, 36.5-inch vertical, and 123-inch broad jump
We will know this season so I am rooting for him to do well an show we have a solid S he is just 25 years old.
Bobby Price 6-3, 216, 33.25″ arm length, 4.43 ( 40 ), Burst score = 139.1 "Long-limbed safety I like him he is small college player but I think some team wanted him off PS last year an Lions moved him to roster…A year with team should improve his play an chances.

That’s four an if we keep 5 i would hope its Amos he also returns an would spend season on ST.s