Stetson Bennett vs Bryce Young…

Bennett- 2 year average…. 163 QB rating…66% completions… 9.3 yards per attempt. He will average about a 4-1 td to int ration. Rushing- averages 225 yards and 4 tds per year

Bryce Young-2 year average… 161.5 QB rating…65.75% completions…. 8.7 yards per attempt…. He will have a 6-1 TD-INT ratio…Rushing 97 yards and 3.5 tds per year.

Bennett supposedly runs a 4.55 ish 40…. He reportedly beat Travon Walker in a race last year, but lost to WR McKonkey. I would bet Bryce is in the 4.6 range too

It’s just strange to me that this kid is fast, athletic, throws a very catchable ball… and is almost a lock to be a UDFA based on size. Yet Bryce who will surely measure smaller is in consideration for #1 overall?

3 Likes

There is no doubt Bennett is 5’11” and 190… Bryce clearly looks shorter and slighter of frame.

Is there anyone saying Bryce isn’t short? Most of us are saying it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Bennett looks like an NFL QB tonight.

3 Likes

It’s not just size. Bennett is also much older for a college prospect. That means less development time. Same thing applies for Hendon Hooker. One thing to keep in mind, we are in the era of 6th year seniors. Most top draft picks are juniors coming out. Some of these guys are super duper seniors.

2 Likes

He does. But there have been lots of QBs in history with similar size, and average or above arms. They rarely get discussed as they become undrafted free agents.

Chase Daniel was a stud in college but his 6’ frame and average arm led him to nfl backup ville

Murray and Baker at 5’11” and 6’ challenged the historic big armed, 6’2” plus QB in round 1 rule.

I’m not sure either justifies continuing that trend.

1 Like

I like Bennett. But he has the stacked team that people falsely claim Bryce has. The great thing about Bryce is he’s been playing behind a crap o-line both with and without weapons. so we got to see a little of everything from him.

2 Likes

I’d be ok with taking a late round flyer on the kid

1 Like

Chase Daniel and Bennett do not have “average” NFL arms.
They have well below average NFL arm strength.

Murray and Baker may not be living up to the #1 OA pick… but it is mental and not physical. Both have MUCH stronger arms.

Bryce Young also has a stronger arm… and perhaps most importantly… is able to deliver quality balls downfield off platform.

I think Stetson is most likely a UDFA. If he gets drafted it would be late.

1 Like

Its weird that Alabama suddenly forgot how to recruit.

That’s a good point… like Saban can’t get some top notch O-line recruits. They win the Championship every other year it seems.

I think they’re still getting first dibs on the players, but they’ve been whiffing a lot lately.

Stetson Bennett and Jared Goff were in high school at the same time. They are closer in age than Bennett is to Bryce Young

1 Like

I think Bennett is the definition of a “system” QB.
He knows their offense like the back of his hand and limits mistakes.
He is the NFL version of a AAAA baseball player IMO

I’m not advocating for Bennett. Just making posters know how small Bryce is.

He’s Darren Sproles small

1 Like

Wow! That’s a great point and I had no idea. Using the interwebz it says that Stetson Bennett is OLDER than Hendon Hooker.

Yes he is…

I hope I’m wrong and Houston is dumb enough to take Bryce Young….

It is pretty amazing that their stats are so similar.

I actually think Bennett is the darkhorse for the Heisman Trophy this year.

2 Likes

Speaking of Darren Sproles, Deuce Vaughn of KSU looks pretty electric as a mighty mite change of pace ankle breaking 3rd down back.
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1599132743920930816?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1599132743920930816|twgr^06bc9ddebc4637a1a4aa6c1ca9b1772eb442a133|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.com%2Fcollege%2F2022%2F12%2F03%2Fkansas-state-running-back-deuce-vaughn-highlight-run