Still think Antonio Brown was A good deal? For a third and fifth

This whole “helmet gate” thing is funny as hell to me. But at the same time I am trying not to laugh too hard because Brown is clearly one of the greatest receivers to ever play the game. He does things virtually no other receiver has ever been able to do. So if he thinks it requires a special helmet to get that done, I want to see him in that helmet. The kid makes magic happen. I can still hear Chris Collinsworth after one of the catches AB made saying something to the effect of “we used to mess around at practice trying to make that catch. Out of a thousand tries over the years, I think one of us made it ONCE. Antonio Brown just made it in a game, and made it look routine.”

1 Like

Yeah, but they can’t give him a waiver or everyone will want one…

1 Like

I say make him sign a waiver. get a brain injury in that helmet and you aren’t eligible for anything the league offers for them later on.

I do not see an issue with giving “everyone” a waiver. If the helmet passes the certification requirements, it should be free to wear. The age of the helmet should not automatically disqualify it. Let it stand on it’s own merit.

1 Like

Bam. Great visibility, and it prevents scurvy.
image https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/774/lime-cat.jpg

2 Likes