Struggling

Ok guys. I am struggling tonight and ya’ll are the closest thing to a friend that I have. I lost my Dad on Thanksgiving, I am struggling with it really bad. He was the only person in my life that has never given up on me, he was always there for me no matter what. I have been sitting here for 2 days feeling bad for myself and I need to get it together. I am not looking for sympathy at all. I am just reaching out to my Lions family for some support, kind words or encouragement. I really don’t know what to do. I feel so lost. I am literally reaching out to my Lions family before my blood family. I know this is just a forum, but I feel closer to ya’ll than anyone else. I am sorry that this isn’t Lions related guys. I am just struggling tonight and I don’t know what else to do.

19 Likes

He didn’t give up on you, so you need to respect that by not giving up on yourself or what you guys had. He would want you to move forward and be happy, not be the person dragging you down.

Find something small that you guys either did together or planned to do together. Do it again…or if it’s the first time, do it anyways.

11 Likes

Love you, brother.
Keep an eye on your inbox.

2 Likes

Hang in there amigo. You’ve always got friends here. Sorry for your loss. It’s ok to mourn and be sad

I’m not particularly religious but I do believe our spirits survive. I think your dad is still with you and you will meet again

3 Likes

Our thoughts, prayers, and condolences are with you and your family.:pray:

If you have a Church Family, I am prayerful they will be able to comfort you during this tender time.

Losing a loved one is so very difficult and I certainly emphasize with you.

I am hopeful you and your dad will be reunited someday.:pray:

4 Likes

Hang in there–it’s tough to lose a family member, especially at the holidays. Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

My best advice to you would be, remember that the things you do, bring honor to your Dad. You are your Dad’s legacy, so everything you do, reflects on him. Your victories are his victories. Same for your kids, when your kids win, you had a hand in that. Keep that in your head, and as much as you miss your Dad, you can still make him proud of you and keep his memory fresh.

4 Likes

Lost my dad 8 years ago at Christmas time. A good friend of mine, who had lost his dad, passed along two good words of advice: 1) it sucks and 2) find a beautiful nugget that was just between the two of you to remind you of him, and hold it closer than anything else. It doesn’t make the pain go away, but eight years later I think of both things every day; it still sucks, and the other part… that’s between him and me, but it always puts a smile in my heart. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s never easy when you lose those that mean the most to you. You are gonna go through the ups and downs of the emotional journey that is grief.

Hold onto the memories you hold dearest and live in those during the tough time. Keep your head up and keep living for them even when don’t feel like living for yourself.

Take it one day at a time and it will get easier… remember your dad’s teachings and share those with the world, it’s a way for him to live on!

My thoughts and condolences are with you during this tough time.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your loss.

My only advice is to appreciate the little things in life and take it one day at a time. That’s what helps me when I’m down and lost.

Hang in there it will get better

2 Likes

Read Psalms, John…Concentrate on the Good Times you shared, doing things together. Contact your Church Elder (If you have one), who will put you in touch with your pastor/priest quickly. Remember, your father will be waiting for you at the Gates of Heaven to welcome you home forever. It’s okay to grieve. Take it one day at a time. you will get through this loss. Time heals all wounds as the saying goes. He will comfort you. Trust in the Lord.

3 Likes

^^this is called bing connected to conscious deeper truth.
Loyal to him, honoring him, is partly this…
And partly honoring the inner sadness…
When you are in these energies, have INTENTIONS behind them.
When you’re feeling sad, and processing, having the intention of sending love and honoring, and releasing pain each time you do it…being thankful that you had such a role model and/or love in your life.

You are honoring him by even thinking of him.
Thoughts are energy. Humans are energy. Memories are energy. Every memory you have of him is his energy living forward inside of you. Those thoughts/memories are energetic transfer.

Our body replaces it’s cells every 7 years (some parts faster, but all of them every 7 years). The soul is a different part of our creature. His love (energy/memories) will live in you FOREVER…getting passed on to others that you impact, your own kids (if you have 'em).

Your ethics, values, kindness, happiness, etc…everything you show up as that impacts other humans → Part of that IS your dad, and his presence and energy that has impacted you…which impacts other humans as well.

This is very good too - honoring our fallen life partners. I make mom’s cupcakes every year around holiday time. I usually post the recipe in The Den. Dozens of people have sent pics of themselves cooking and/or eating mom’s cupcakes. It’s fun for me to perpetuate her love into the world every holiday season.
Honoring yourself IS honoring your dad.

When in the energy of sadness, release with intention.
When in the energy of connectedly honoring, do so with intention.

Moving that energy and alchemizing it from sadness to love will be good for your soul, as well as everyone you encounter or impact.

Sending love, my bro.

3 Likes

Very sorry for your loss. My dad is very elderly and I know his time is numbered, it breaks my heart thinking about him passing.

To honor your dad, keep fighting, never give up and always celebrate the good times you had together. Nothing but love for you my friend.

2 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss man. It’s never easy losing a parent.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss brother! Will keep you in my prayers. Keep reaching out we’re all here for you man.

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss.
Grieve and celebrate all that he was.

Keep moving on in celebration of him, honor him in your future and day to day life, don’t forget but keep pushing forward.

Romans 8:18
Struggles of this earth cannot compare to the glory that await us.

He is there now, honor him every day in your words, actions and thoughts.

3 Likes

So my Pop passed on 3+ years ago May, and I kept a big rose bush from his funeral (he was big on flowers).

Planted it in the front yard, and that thing grew and bloomed. My friend who does Feng Shui says it has a guardian energy where I put it. Kinda like that idea.

Next year…nothing. Not one bloom. Sucked.

Last year, back to what it was in 2018.

This year? It went absolutely apeshit AND changed color. Wth?

My point is it’s a lot like the day to day over time in losing someone you care about. Some days are going to suck, but some days you’re going to have this fantastic memory and maybe even have a different perspective on it that you wouldn’t have seen before.

Reaching out is the best idea bro. This community is tied together by two things-

Commonality of our Fandom and Commonality of just trying to figure out how to navigate this world. We do pretty well for our peeps here with both. I hope you feel like you can talk about it in the future as you need to. As you can see, you’ve got a lot of people that care and have been there.

You’ll get through because you can, and that you’re one of us.

6 Likes

I’m sorry for your lost
Just keep your head up and things will get better.

1 Like

Praise God for every moment you had with him. Thanks for posting your heartache. Maybe this will not only be a comfort to you, but also an encouragement to some of us to remain committed to some of our own lost causes (Lions aside). I’m praying for you, man.

1 Like

Hey Jim, hang in there buddy. Terribly sorry for your loss brother.