SuperBowl Bound

Yep. I just dropped $50 on that. I’m confident to do more, but I think anything over $50 will jinx it.

I’m going to take them every week and let it ride for the first 4 weeks until the line (betting) gets reasonable. If they can cover 4 games in a row on $20, that would be a whole bunch of steaks. Gazelle steaks, because that’s what Lions eat.

I say this with confidence…never bet on the Lions!! You’ll thank me later.

If you need a place to stay, I live 15 minutes from the stadium in Arizona. The charge for 3 nights of accommodations is 2 tickets to the game.

1 Like

You don’t bet ON ‘em or AGAINST ‘em. Not expecting to win, anyway.

I never had a lick of sense when it comes to the Lions. But this year is different because of blah, blah, blah.

My logic—if I may use that term when discussing a bet on the Lions—is that the over 6 1/2 Season Win Total bet will pay for my more, um, visionary bets.

1 Like

welcome superbowlbound.

1 Like

We’ve got surprisingly good depth, though. Our RB stable is 7 deep for camp, and we’re going to cut at least one (hoping they’ll make it to the practice squad, but, they won’t).
WR’s in the same boat. Especially if we keep Wright and Mitchell.
We have the horses on offense to win games.
Is the defense up to the task? That’s on the game plan and LB play.

2 Likes

I think we’ll get to about a 15 ranked D. They’ll be very opportunistic and among league leaders in turnovers, so they won’t be as consistent as we’d like, but they will be all guts, making big plays at times, as well as creating turnovers. There may be games where they break our hearts, because they close a few in a row, and we expect 'em to do it again, but they may still need some bigger horses (at least one at DT and one at LB).

The plan is going perfectly. Holmes has got this. Wait’ll you see the DT we draft next year, and how he impacts the game. :wink:

REALLY rooting for Rodriguez and Paschal to wreck some ass in there too!

1 Like

I’m not even worried about Pascal. He’ll make rookie mistakes, like all rookies, but, it won’t be a lack of talent or effort. He’ll have a great season, all the same.
I’m excited about the dline. My biggest worry is Levi’s health.

1 Like

If Levi doesn’t step WAY up, he could easily be a bubble player, next year.
If Goff plays well, our next offseason is about the middle of the Defense.
DT
LB
maybe another S
RB too, most likely.

1 Like

By all accounts so far, he’s looking healthy and jacked according to the D-line coach. Levi couldn’t even sit in a chair last year his back was so messed up and yet was still trying to play in games. That’s actually pretty messed up when you think about it.

2 Likes

It would be so sad if the injury ended his career. He’s talented and motivated, and has real potential.
Hopefully his off-season program was a success.

2 Likes

For those of you who followed me and my preseason Lions wager.
Tonights a night to celebrate a great season with more left on the table.

The bet was $500 on over 6.5 wins.
$50 NFC Champion (50-1) - Still in play for $2550
$100 NFC North Champion (10-1) We cannot win this one.

We are up $350 with a chance to win $2550 more.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.