SWIFFFT! I mean...Slowlights!

5 Likes

That kick looked like it was headed left. Still amazed that he buried it in the net at 59 yards.

3 Likes

On a couple of those runs, Swift is just a small stumble from breaking it an extra 50 yards to the house.

4 Likes

Agreed. I feel like he still has a little bit of “deer in the headlights” going on. Also, Downfield blocking could be better. Dude’s ceiling has yet to be revealed. Great draft pick, if he stays healthy.

4 Likes

I thought Prater missed it as well. Generally, kicking motion and ball flight is very similar to golf. Considering the kick was going to be a power kick, most kickers will end up hitting it and drawing it left or pulling it. Conversely, if it’s a more finesse kick, the tendency of a miss is to be to the right or fading it. When Prater’s kick started left, my gut thought it was going to then begin bending more left and miss. The fact that he actually kicked that with some fade, that’s crazy. I think that was intentional, as a fade flight tends to be a bit higher and he probably wanted to give the ball some height to get it over the blocking line, so he planned on working the ball from left to right. Since a fade also generally decreases distance, that was a pretty gusty call.

Or I am over thinking it, and he just kicked the hell out of it and said let whatever happens happen.

3 Likes

I think Brett Hull had a similar answer about his shot. Somebody was asking him about his aim and accuracy, and he’s like “I don’t aim, I’m just hitting the puck at the net.”

1 Like