Swift's concussion ....The play that caused it was dirty & flagrant #99 Chase Young

I can’t? Well I’ll be damned, if you’re too stupid to understand the comment just say so. And it’s “too”, not “to”. I can accept all sorts of things in life w/o condoning them, apparently you fall too short intellectually to understand how that might work. Sad, really, you might want to ignore people who are smarter than you.

No you can’t …not if you don’t want to contradict yourself…

Hahahaha it’s “too” not “to” …like reading the book on …What to do when you are being crushed on a take that was 100% stupid

What part of me asking you to explain (WHICH YOU HAVE NEVER DONE) is me requiring you to do anything ?

You’re take was shit . You can’t explain it , you moved the Goal Post & then want to pretend like I demanded you do anything .

The chances of you being smarter than me are slim…even if you were. I explained the play …you have yet to support the nonsense claim that it is just football and nothing wrong with it …Why is that? :thinking: You can’t .

The only thing that is getting crushed is your man crush on me. While I am flattered, it still doesn’t make you smart enough to know what you’re talking about. Have at it, there is absolutely no contradiction in what I said.

It wasn’t necessary but it wasn’t flagged, won’t be fined therefore it is a moot point.

Some feel it falls in the realm of what football is…or use to be…while others can view it as cheap.

It’s not illegal so it falls into the realm of football for me!

2 Likes

Idk, his head did hit the ground because of Young’s extra little ooomff at the end of the tackle…but that’s a hard one to see in real time and not really all that bad of extra to the tackle…but still if the NFL wants to protect the players, I guess you can’t allow that…but Suh does it like almost every tackle he makes so there’s that.

I mean, I get it, it’s uncalled for…but do you really want to throw flags on every little thing like that?

Good work finding the play…although Swift got up like it was nothing…but it could have been something that gradually came-on after the play.

I see both sides to this argument and my take is to add nothing, how did I do?

1 Like

If it hasn’t been fined on review it must be a bit par for the course of football

Maybe lions can’t really bring it up if they missed protection Swift when it occurred

That’s another ownership issue for lions
If it stands out as different than other plays
And team doesn’t bring it to the league.

Maybe they should make them play in a bounce-house to reduce injuries.

Bouncy castle. These are millionaires we’re talking about

I actually think that play is more dangerous then a lot of helmet to helmet plays that get called. The ground isn’t going to move so Swift’s noggin gets to absorb the full force of that blow. I do acknowledge though that it’s really hard to see that type of thing in real time. But I do think it should be a fine or in the very least a call from the league saying “do that again and you’re 75k less rich, Chase.”

I’ve got no problem with the play… Was it a hard tackle? Yup… Was it necessary? Nope… Does it set the tone of what to expect running at that guy? Yup… Reminds me of Suh, I’d love to have that attitude again on the DL.

Maybe better helmets, but it’s insane to me, how they keep softening the rules. I feel like we need to get the refs out of it as much as possible. All rules are interpretive. Last thing I want is another set of rules the refs can screw us with.

I do feel like helmet technology could be much better. Aside from that, let’s leave the rules alone.

1 Like

How is that an ownership issue?

And if that had been Suh when he was on the Lions he would have been fined. Not saying it was dirty—but it wasn’t necessary.

Advocating for your employees safety especially if over looked by the league on a dirty play would carry more weight if the case was being made by ownership over a fan online or even a lions player or coach.

I get that…but that’s not really the owner’s job.
It maybe the owner’s job to hire the right leaders to oversee all those departments but that is down the chain quite a bit.

I think lions ownership participation
Is party of reason why bad calls stand vs lions.

Every time I hear lions fans blame the refs , which Is probably 1-4 times a season I believe that’s an ownership issue.

If there’s things that are unfair etc

Because coaches snd players can’t blame those even if it was unfair. They have to play the game plus deal with those refs etc.
Patricia wearing a Goodell clown shirt isn’t going to make friends in league office

Making systemic changes to unfair rulings etc … is part of ownership

I said it should have been a penalty when I was watching the game. Suh absolutely gets that called on him. If this was 20 years ago it’s ok…but with today’s rules I’m surprised it wasn’t called. Don’t think it should be a fine though.

I’m not out for blood here. I just think the NFL needs to make sure that Young knows that’s not okay. That the players are a big fraternity and minimizing head injuries has to be part of the way the game is played. If not there will be repercussions going forward. I think that’s fair and justified. It’s quite possible that such a phone call did happen to be honest.

1 Like

I don’t think a fine is coming. I do not think you can say anything other then he made an aggressive powerful tackle. You can’t prove bad intentions and honestly the only thing going through his head most likely was to make the tackle…you don’t intentionally try and hurt someone and then extend a hand to pick them off the ground. You can’t prove he WASN’T trying to hurt him either but the body language and already mentioned hand up suggests it was not malicious.