Take some GA. Boys

I take much comfort, knowing, should Hutch be gone at #2, Holmes has the flexibility, independent whether Hutch is even there at #2, to employ some Game Theory. Adding Travon Walker, based on his Combine reults (Danger), to the mix of Hutch, Tibbs, & now Walker (In my Mind), now opens a world of opportunity for Holmes to show his magic and risk taking abilities. Additionally, even if he blows it for some reason and his trade strategy fall apart to some extant, he knows DE Johnson, in all likelihood will still be on the board at #10, assuming Holmes plays wheeler-dealer, selects Johnson, and collects at least 2 more early 2nd Rounders, and more flexibility to trade back into the 1st Round or trade down at least 1 of the newly garnered 2nd Ronders for a Mid-2nd and a newly acquired mid 3rd Rounder. Best scenario of all in my mind.

Holmes will collect a lot of grief locally, if Hutch is there at #2, and Holmes trades the pick for more picks. He’s a riverboat gambler, maybe too much, based on his reputed desire to jump-the-gun last year with the Sewell & Levi stories. Luckily he had Dorsey to pull back the reins, and followed Dorsey’s advice to wait for these prospects to fall to him without giving up the store. Hopefully, he’s learned that from 2021 and be more willing to let the Draft fall to him. IMO, You can’t go wrong with any of the Top 4 DE’s and the differences between 1 and 4 are narrowing by the day. Going to more of a 4:3 look this year may also provide more flexibility.

Finally, given the outstanding 40’s by numerous WR’s , provides Holmes the opportunity to concentrate even more heavily on the Defense in Rounds 1 & 2, knowing a fast, talented receiver will likely be there at the Top of Round 3 (#66) and a good TE at #97.

1 Like

Georgias players dominated if I have 3 picks on top 34 i go after as many as i can get

Holy shit, was it really that low?

I wouldn’t hate a draft of:
DE Walker
LB Dean
S Cine
WR Pickett

1 Like

Holmes will take a TON of heat if he takes a guy who only played 33% of defensive snaps at #2 and he doesn’t pan out.

He was also on the kickoff team as a freshman which is kind of incredible when you think about his size.

I’m hoping the lions go heavy defense this draft. I’d much rather them take a safety or linebacker at 32 and 34 than a receiver. I think Holmes can find good receivers later in the draft. Or possibly even next year. I think the receiving Corp we have right now is good enough. Fixing that defense has to be the main priority.

On a side note, I love how so many of these sporting news websites have offensive lineman listed as positions we’re going to draft. One I’ve just read says we’re going to take a defensive lineman or offensive tackle with #2. Sports illustrated says we need a center. Are these people just lazy or do they assign their dumbest interns to cover the lions?

1 Like

I learned a long time ago that the national publications have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to the Lions. Really any team that isn’t local to them. It isn’t worth their time to keep up on a team and guaranteed any regular on this website knows more about the Lions than some national writer.

1 Like

We have a massive hole at center right, lol

I thought this was interesting as well. In the biggest and most important game of the season. The National Championship that is vs Bama.

Walker played a ton.

Yeah it’s interesting. The Ziggy comparisons are definitely warranted since Ziggy largely wasn’t asked to pin his ears back in college. I mean I get it if they take Walker at 2. Your largely hoping for a healthier version of Ziggy Ansah because healthy Ziggy was a load.

1 Like

It’s literally their job to know about each nfl team. And honestly it really isn’t that difficult. When I was younger and fully invested in sports I could pretty much give you every teams roster off the top of my head. I’m sorry but you can’t sell me that it isn’t worth their time when it’s what they’re being paid to do. It’s just lazy journalists and low standards.

For sure Ziggy was a stud when he was healthy. Real shame his body fell apart.

Hopefully a few years younger too. Guy was what in his 30s?

1 Like

I always hear that rumor!? lol Do we have any actual evidence of that?

Sounds like what we need

You mean other than his face? Ghana has very poor records. I remember reading stories about discrepancies between so-called documents.

1 Like

He did look 35 when we drafted him, haha

That reminds me of this crazy story from a few years ago in Windsor.

1 Like

What’s the big deal. Just pretend he flunked out of 10th grade a few times.

1 Like

About 12 times.

1 Like