Tankathon give us Murphy & Mayer

Tankathon give us DE Myles Murphy and TE Micharl Mayer from Notre Dame.

Myles Murphy with the 5th pick is a good pick and fill a big need for the Lions.
I love the kid from ND but we really need a TE with a first round pick ? Do we need to draft the BPA and Mayer is possibly the best player in 15 or draft another need like a CB ?

1 Like

There is a close to ZERO chance that Holmes takes a TE in the first round. Trading TJ told us everything about how this team values the TE position

16 Likes

puke GIF

No TE in 1st round …… for the love of God…
why do these idiots think they are drafting a TE that high when they just traded Hock in a move that clearly shows they don’t want to pay that position big money???

edit…… @Davicus …… jinx

3 Likes

I really don’t see DE as a need. Who is this guy going to beat out Hutch or Houston? My money says neither.

1 Like

Tankathon has predetermined needs and a big board they update weekly, and their computer takes that board and their team needs and makes an auto mock.

We aren’t taking a TE round 1. The only reason they have us taking Mayer is because they have TE as a “need” and nobody else before us took him according to their computer.

1 Like

I do like Mayer as a prospect but I feel in the first round this would be a reach for Detroit specifically. If we are going to overvalue a position in the first I would be on board with Bijan Robinson.

5 Likes

This is about as puke worthy of a draft as I can think of. Thankfully we have Brad.

2 Likes

You’re right but with Carter and Anderson gone (+ Stroud and Young even if I don’t want a QB in 1st) in this case, who do you pick ?
Myles Murphy, Peter Skoronski, Quentin Johnston, Kelee Ringo, Joey Porter ?
Do you prefer BPA or biggest need ?

Houston is playing great, but he’s a very situational player. It’s hard to tell if he is ever going to be more than that third down sack king. Dude isn’t setting the edge any time soon on 1st and 2nd downs. Hutch and Romeo are fine for now, but Romeo is one of those guys that due to salary could be on the chopping block and even then he’s heading into the final year of his contract next season. Harris is most likely gone.

DE isn’t all that solid and I wouldn’t be surprised if they address it. Personally, I think they can grab someone a little bit later for that. Would much rather see the Lions address CB early than DL if Anderson/Carter are gone

1 Like

Yes.

2 Likes

I love the idea to pick Bijan Robinson with our pick. With LA out of the top 3, Jalen Carter will be gone for us, so we don’t have a cleary pick in the top 5 now.

No ■■■■■■■ TE !!!

1 Like

Agreed. Zero chance.

I don’t even want to talk about the draft in the middle of a playoff run!

3 Likes

I’m a big Ringo fan, he’s my guy. I’m coming around to @BigNatty way of thinking that I trust Brad Holmes, especially when he’s got Dan and Chris in his ear reminding him that Detroit likes high character workers and not Chocalte Boys.

I’d say both Harris and Bryant are gone.

1 Like

Let’s not forget about Josh Paschal and Cominsky. I really don’t see much need for a DE. I sure don’t want to take many snaps from Houston. He is a problem.

Paschal is a walking injury. I wouldn’t count on him much for anything yet. Snap count has been reduced almost every week since his return(s). Played only 14 snaps (22%) last week. Hopefully he’ll figure out the injury stuff, but I’m not relying on a guy who can’t stay healthy. And Cominsky is a FA. I hope to god they’ll bring him back, but as of now, he’s not on the roster for 2023.

If TE is the best available player that high in the draft…then we need to trade out of that draft and look to the following years draft.

Because they really want to have the ND kid high in their mock drafts, but can’t quite figure out where to put him. So its “hey, the Lions are stupid enough to actually do this. So let’s keep putting the kid there!”

Houston is a rotational piece. I would look at him more like a short inning reliever in baseball. You still need real starters.

First…TE is never a “need.” :joy: Second…they keep giving us this kid even though we have moved around the draft board. They need to update whatever it is in their software that keeps making that happen.

1 Like

So you want to draft a guy that his own Clemson fans think is overrated and has questions about his motor and has crap for stats because Paschal, of high character, has had some injury issues?