24: R1 P24 WR Treylon Burks - Arkansas

41: R2 P9 LB Devin Lloyd - Utah

65: R3 P1 S Jaquan Brisker - Penn State

73: R3 P9 TE Charlie Kolar - Iowa State

176: R5 P34 WR Reggie Roberson - SMU

4 Likes

Sign me up but good luck with getting Lloyd and Brisker there

2 Likes

Yeah used fanspeak simulator, but was one of the best I’ve had. I think this draft would be hudge. And that’s the way it fell. Man wouldn’t it be nice if things did fall our way just once.

Then I added my resign and FA. I like the thought of having a better back up QB in Mariota it would make our QB group much stronger. Getting a true # 1 CB to add to our group would make that group really good. DJ Chark big fast talented WR.

I agree that Loyd might not be there, even Burks may go before that. But brisker is probably the longest shot to be there at that point. And he’s my 2nd favorite Safety in this class and a guy I really want . Just once I would love things to fall in a Liony way.

I like the idea of Mariotta but man he just can’t stay healthy. Like what your thinking though.

Kind of interesting that the guy who took Mariota’s job in Tennessee had the same problem in Miami… which was a big reason they dumped Tannehill.

Now he has stayed healthy.

Who knows if Mariota ever will… but he does have intriguing skills.

Liam Neeson GIF

You know, I think I’m going to finish rebuilding my Pi Media Server and stream that movie in my home theater this morning. I really don’t like the child actress in it (not a good actor at all), but Liam’s role is just fun enough to make up for the irritation she is.

1 Like

I hope the lions Tag Walker and don’t give him a huge extension. If he has another good year, then I would be comfortable giving him a multi-year deal.

1 Like

Lloyd is probably a top 15 pick these days.

I like your re-signings.

I don’t see how the Lions can go another year without installing what they hope to be their long-term solution at QB.

That certainly isn’t Goff; that’s been made clear. So I imagine the Lions will be picking up one of these draftable QBs – with the Rams pick, or in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Yea Tannehill went to the perfect place to fix his career. Kind of like Jones being drafted to the Patriots. I really hope Tannehill can hold the team together until Henery hopefully comes back.

But it would be nice to have a Mobil QB….if they can stay healthy.

That’s actually possible because the safety tag isn’t too expensive.

So your in the group of take QB no matter what .

He doesn’t turn the ball over, and hasn’t had enough success to warrant a long term deal. The Tag is the best option IMO.

I personally want to Tag Walker, and sign another top end safety (Marcus Williams) to a long term deal. He has a proven track record and I would be much more comfortable handing him a big contract. Then let Walker walk in FA after next year. Scooping the max comp pick if he performs :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Do you know how many starting QB’s there are right now who were drafted in rounds 2 and 3?

Well, I don’t see how they can’t.

The thought that they can wait until 2023 before selecting the QB of the future… I can’t think of a rebuild anywhere that worked that way. Where you basically add the QB as the cherry on top.

If you look next year isn’t much better QB wise, to be honest I’m not sure who the next QB could be. Teams needing a QB are in a hard way the next 2 years. Theres just not alot of good options. You may be right about taking a shot now. I thought we should wait for the right guy, but the next 2 years doesn’t look to have that right guy.

Let the QB group go

Sign Mariota and Trubisky draft late Levi Lewis

Mariota and Trubisky gives you a QB battle to determine starter and backup and a developmental guy in Lewis

@Tcmouse

Your doing a lot of things I think the Lions need to do in the draft and FA.

In free agency I think its a must to bring in a WR we feel can be a starter. I’d prefer someone young instead of an aging veteran but it’s a must to get a quality WR in free agency.

We also need to add some talent to our secondary in FA. Either a CB or a S. Maybe both.

I also think getting a veteran QB who can compete for the starting role is important. I think Mariota would be a hard person to land. But I’d like to see us bring in some better competition for Goff. I’d be willing to pony up a chunk of our salary cap on a one year experiment just to push Goff.

I’d love to get Hutch and Burks. That would be a huge boost to two of our weakest areas. That’s a dream 1-2 and it’s very doable. I am seriously hoping we get Burks or London with our second pick in round one.

Loyd is going high in round one. Most likely in the top 15. But Nokobe Dean might make it to our 2nd round pick. He’s a rangy LBer who has decent pass rush abilities. I really like Brandon Smith out of Penn state. That kid is my kind of LBer. I wouldn’t hesitate to take him with our second round pick. He’s a Spielman type of guy. But I think he could go round one.

I like Brisker but he’s going to be gone by mid round two. I think we’re going to have to get some DB’s out of this class. I can see us going both S and CB before day 3 comes.

I think someone like Chark makes sense in free agency. A deep threat WR to be our X receiver and he is only 25 too.