TE last year, backup QB and RB this year

The 49’ers were talked into taking him by CJ Beathard, their 3rd round pick who played QB at Iowa along with Kittle. It was less about need for them and more about a guy who CJ wanted to play with. I never made him out to be a no brainer, I pointed out that he was predicted to go higher and we had a need and passed for a guy who wasn’t. This is more about how Quin has failed than Kittle.

If we’re going to have this silly conversation shouldn’t it be about Tom Brady?

1 Like

Just a quick question, are you OK with how Quin has handled the TE situation here?

So even the team that took him, didn’t really want to take him? They had to be talked into it?

This thread is my first relapse from 24/7 … ugh please only this once God !! :pray:t3:

Yep, I’m done. Our GM screwed the pooch on the TE position and had to knee jerk his way thru it this year. We all know it.

With exception of OL moves, Quinn has dramatically improved the roster.

Wonder if he may have been anticipating some other things? Things like
Hock being available?
A new OC…
-who runs a different system
Limited availability for that year (get a new guy for the sake of getting one, vs getting the right guy).

These sorts of things. I believe in Quinn, so far.

I am this year.

1 Like

How do you know that?

OK?https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/28/cj-beathard-49ers-george-kittle-iowa/

Hell yes!!

This is the best TE grouping we have had forever imho!

a top 10 draft pick rookie playing like one:

• broke the rookie record for a TE debut in yardage
  • next game willing and did very well at blocking! part of the reason we had zero casks and only one pressure!!

and when you look at JJ, he only has 4 catches in 2 games for 33 yrds… but check out his ### Game Halves!!

G REC YDS AVG LNG TD 1st 1st% 20+ 40+
1st Half 2 11 5.5 6 0 0 0 0 0
2nd Half 2 22 11 15 0 2 100 0 0
Last Two Minutes of Half 1 7 7 7 0 1 100 0 0

in crunch time he delivers fing big time! look at the 2ns half and under the 2 min warning… money as in nothing but converting 1st downs baby!!

what more can you ask of two guy who went here at all last yr, and a new OC to boot!!

oh - we haven’t lost yet either!!

oh!1 Again!! :slight_smile:

last yr we had 461 yrd from all our TE’s in 16 games…

in only 2 game, we have 178 already?!

you figure out the % baby!!

live in the past - I am rocking in the present and it currently looks pretty good for our TE’s!!

1 Like

“The 49’ers were talked into taking him by CJ Beathard”…

Yeah, the info in that 49’er wire article is not close to what you stated. It states they saw Kittle while watching game tape of Bethard. It was not because Bethard talked John Lynch into drafting Kittle. I knew that part was horse droppings.

Any GM listening to a college player on who to draft and then acting solely on that, should immediately be fired.
That sounds like something Matt Millen would have done.

in other words, they got lucky!!

I’m just not sure how a QB/RB thread turned into a TE argument?
I guess I could read closer if I cared?

1 Like

Do you care?! :thinking:

LOL, believe what you want, if I take the time I can probably find the right article that spoke of CJ’s input. I was on my way out the door and thought that was the right one. At the time it was written about esp in Hawkeye publications. And Matt Millen never listened to a player, I believe it was the janitor who yelled out Calhouns name, at least the rest of the “war room” all claimed to have never been the one who shouted out his name.