Texans fire David Culley

The fact that Jack Easterby is somehow employed by an NFL organization is mind numbing

8 current openings if you count the Raiders

I never thought he was that great, but he didn’t do an awful job all things considered IMO.

1 Like

I don’t get this at all. Watt left. Watson got in legal trouble and couldn’t play. He did a great job with Mills, their rookie QB. Seems like a bizarre move to me.

Sadly, this is yet another position that could take Glenn away.

1 Like

I thought with what he had to worth he did ok an would he make a good OC just asking don’t know much about him

All I know is that he was the WR coach in Baltimore before he got hired, and that he allegedly set some people off by saying that there wasn’t anything wrong with the offense or something like that.

Scapegoat. Pure and simple.

With everything that franchise has going on, they lock in on this?

Yeah, sure. That was the problem.

2 Likes

Brian Flores would be a good candidate there. I think there’s still a contingent of old Patriot folks in Houston.

He also was pushing the trade for Watson.

3 Likes

Perhaps the Flores becoming available was why they fired cullen

2 Likes

It’s definitely a thought that crossed my mind as well…

That’s what all the Texans fans think

They had to have known about this a couple of days ago, the NFL that is, that’s why the Jets got offered the Senior Bowl. Texans should have been first in line for that behind the Lions.

3 Likes

I though Culley did a nice job down the stretch once the switch was made to Davis Mills.

This guy and Baalke have to run the two most toxic front offices in the NFL. Both of those guys are poison.

2 Likes

Isn’t their GM some kind of weirdo televangelist with no football experience?

2 Likes

I see this off season and how many coaches we keep will be a testimony of how they want to stay here and be of unity and that the groups is more important than the individual

1 Like

Flores will have better opportunities

1 Like

Felt bad for him until I heard he will end up getting paid approximately $22 million to coach the Texans for one year.

2 Likes

Yep! Read that article to see just how messed up the Texans organization is.

2 Likes

What a dumpster fire of an organization. Got me thinking that the Lions are in a much better place right now than several organizations. Off the top of my head: Jaguars, Texans, Giants, Jets, and Broncos.

Strange times lol.

2 Likes

I also think the Lions are in a better place than the Bears.

Unfortunately for Michigan fans, with as many openings as there are in the NFL this season, I think Harbaugh goes back to the NFL. He’s never going to have more choices on jobs (including potentially some semi-decent ones like the Raiders, Vikings, and Broncos).

I see why the Texans did this. David Culley would have been tough sell to any free agents and fans on a new direction. I hope they get Brian Flores. Better that Houston gets him and not the Bears or Vikings

1 Like