Thanksgiving Day game

I understood, I was asking him if that’s really what the question was.

This saves me from having to answer it if that were the case though, so thanks and well put! Haha

1 Like

It doesn’t matter how bad the Lions are, me watching them on Thanksgiving with family is a lifelong tradition that will only die when I die.
I would be choked if they ever pulled the Lions off the Thanksgiving Day schedule.

2 Likes

Enjoy the day food and family amigo

2 Likes

I totally agree. I would have liked to see our mgt team from Quinn on up publicly call out the officials after the Green Bay game

Not the coach. But defiantly the front office

3 Likes

Do you just pick and choose what I respond with? I gave you reasons why it didn’t matter. Because people will watch regardless of who is playing

Here’s the facts on last years games:

Detroit-Chicago 26.5 million viewers (highest viewership on CBS up to that point of 2018 season).
Dallas-Washington 30.5 million viewers
Falcons-Saints 21.9 million viewers

Yeah, but there’s a difference when certain teams play, and Dallas is one of them. Sure fans would watch, but not as many.

Why do you think they get so many National games?

Seriously. It makes a difference.

Of course Dallas will get more viewers because their fan base is probably twice the size of the Lions, but you claimed that the Lions don’t deserve the game due to ratings, when I showed you that they pull good ratings anyways despite the so called claim that they suck and Dallas is good.

I mean New Orleans made it to the NFC championship game last year, yet they couldn’t outdraw the Lions game? My whole point is no matter who is playing, the ratings will be there. Of course some will be better than others and that later afternoon slot is probably the most prime and it goes to the team that the NFL thinks will have the best ratings (Cowboys). I assume you think that is the only reason a team would be a national game is strictly ratings and those with good teams and a good fan base. And besides there are actual agreements that restrict the number of times in a season that a team will be on a national broadcast, it ensures that every team has to have at least one national game, especially with the Thursday games now.

And being slightly tied to the Ford Motor Company does help.

1 Like

No I didn’t.

You did suggest that the Cowboys shouldn’t lose the game because of ratings, when I showed you that the ratings don’t matter, the Lions do fine in the ratings. But you are using semantics now because you seem to need to have the last word.

So you’re right you never said, “the Lions should lose the game because of ratings”, but you kind of did.

Have a happy Thanksgiving doing whatever people do in the desert.

Two things when it comes to ratings…

…the Cowboys are a draw even if they were playing Rutgers in a preseason game.

Two, they really do have the PERFECT time slot for Thanksgiving. With all of the different families and situations I have had T Day in…that seems to always be the time where people are up, dressed, guests are at the house and everybody is crowded around the TV area together. That time slot is a ratings monster no matter who is playing.

1 Like

Agreed

We go to my wife’s family, watch the Lions and eat Turkey then go to my parents house and eat dessert and leftovers and watch the Cowboys

The Cowboys is a better time-slot cuz we can focus more on the game. During Lions we are half listening/watching while the feast is a happening For the first half of the game

1 Like

There are a heluva lot of Lamar Hunts here. The game is the last damn thing we have to hang our hat on. Our only spotlight, good or bad.

I vote tradition God dammit!

1 Like

Let our players decide. They’re the ones who miss a holiday with family so they can be the league whipping boys and laughing stocks.
That ain’t much of a tradition, but, I guess when that and losing is all you have?

Sorry Leos.

Michigan - UNC tomorrow followed by Gonzaga - Setan Hall/ Oregon winner.

Real sports, for real fans.