That second timeout

So the announcers said refs are told to just ignore the coach if they want a second timeout

It looked like that was the case until Glenn got upset. But it also looked like we would have made the stop had the refs just not let it go. I mean, if you can’t call two timeouts why not just not let them do it? Instead they do allow the timeout and they tack on penalty yardage?

Aside from Glenn having his Schwartz moment, this seems like another case of something that another team wouldn’t be penalized for. I’m sure the refs would just have explained it’s against the rules and let it go were it Green Bay rather than the Lions

1 Like

It does seem like whenever referee discretion comes into play it gets shoved deep into the Lion’s rectum.

3 Likes

2 Likes

It happend, and I’m on the couch like: “nfl rules, you can’t do that Danny. Looks like we got away with… oh no there it is.”
Stuff some more pumpkin pie flavored whip cream down my depressed ass throat.

4 Likes

Except it did not appear to be Danny that called the TO. It looked on replay like it was Glenn who called it.

2 Likes

On replay, the ref clearly was ignoring him until Glenn got close to him and started yelling. This one is on Glenn.

4 Likes

3rd and 9 third and 4, so what. this didn’t lose us the game. not getting the stop, even if it was 3rd and 4 lost us the game.

3 Likes

Agree. Wasn’t there a 3rd and 12 on that drive? They just can’t get a stop when they need to.
But the coaching mistakes and not saving some clock are salt in the wound.

2 Likes

Then this is how Glenn defends 3rd and 4

6 Likes

You had to share that? Oh man that’s brutal, get in the WR’s faces at the LOS for the love of God, the game is on the line. It’s almost like we are trying to lose. Are they trying to prevent a TD and just forgot the Bears could get a 1st down and basically end the game. smh. That is terrible. Look how confused Will Harris looks, like he doesn’t know the play call and this was after 2 straight time outs, lol.

1 Like

yup. that’s bad coaching

2 Likes

I’ve given Glenn a lot of compliments for what he’s got out of these undrafted players in the secondary, but that is unreal. It’s just giving them a free first down to essentially end the game.

You know what I honestly think happened, in the big moment with a lead on national TV, Glenn and Campbell shit their pants. Neither have any experience calling plays, they are essentially rookie play callers and it shows.

4 Likes

I don’t remember them bringing any pressure on the third and 12 either, as I remember, but I could be wrong.

1 Like

Its shit like this that makes you really think they are tanking.

IMO, the funniest part about that penalty was that is was actually better to let them get the TD and get the ball back, than it was to play that coverage on a 3rd and 4. And even with the 3rd and 4, it was better to let them get the TD than to let them get the 1st down. Only a 1st down loses the game at that point.

5 Likes

2 time outs and Glenn still gets the defense wrong. Amazing!

1 Like

I wonder if he didn’t realize they gave up 5 yds on the back to back TO penalty.

1 Like

Audible Dong just hadn’t shown up to play this year for the Lions
If that’s what DC was playing for.

Don’t get beat deep lol

1 Like

Normally I would agree with you. Having watched our offense there’s almost zero chance we drive down the field in 2 minutes and score a game winning touchdown.

Naw the coaching is perfect the problem is talent. So I’m told.

1 Like