The Athletic Beat Reporter Mock. Woooo!

So format is 1 round w trades picks made by a beat reporter for each team…I like this better as you would think they are more plugged in/team knowledgable than a national writer/draft guru who is running/pimping Their List.

1.6 Tyree Wilson DE. Carter and Anderson+ 3 QB gone, Levis available. No yrade down offers accepted, tried.

1.18- Deonte Banks CB- Porter/Gonzo/Spoon gone. Bijan JSN available Kancey gone

ANNND

1.27, trading 48 55 183 194, also get back 137
Darnell Washington TE- Kincaid and Mayer gone at TE, Bijan gone 1 pick earlier to Dallas.Sanders Smith, VanNess all gone before Bijan.

Brothers, if we get a premium defender at 6, a CB that is baller at 18 AND a matchup nightmare at TE???

Lets Go Reaction GIF by The Berry

1 Like

Yelling Steve Carell GIF

5 Likes

No thanks

4 Likes

I like Washington but I’m not giving that up for him!

2 Likes

Pass, CB isn’t a need. I’d much rather have Robinson.

5 Likes

I don’t believe trading that much capital for Darnell Washington in a TE heavy draft is all that smart. This would be, imo, the first massive over reach on Holmes part.

3 Likes

As would I. Id rather see Gonzo/Spoon, Bijan, Washington in that scenario. Im happy with that outcome though…with a grouo of 32 beat reporters I think it shows how much more Washington will be valued and not available in R2.

1 Like

2 chainz magic GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

1 Like

A big no on that trade for me. TE isn’t that big a need for us to give that much up.

2 Likes

Interesting… I like Washington. If we traded up and took him over Bijan I think the place would explode tho lol

I like trading up into the first (or falling back from 55)

Not sure how I feel about Banks at #18. Kancey gone. What about Bresee/Branch?

Where did OCyrus go? Where did Skoronsk go?

#137 you can fall back and get them 6th rounders back that’s a nice piece

1 Like

I wonder if Washington is a tackle long term

Yeah, I thought this was gross. Im good with Tyree, but would much prefer Bijan at 18 and then the trade up for Banks instead. I dont see the point in trading up for a TE in this extremely deep class. Especially with the clear sign that this offence doesnt require a premiere TE to be dangerous (which they proved when they traded Hock). I just dont see this regime blowing their wad on a 1st round TE. Especially using a ton of extra draft capital to do it

I expect Mitchell to make huge strides this season. With Wright and Zylstra, I just don’t see how you justify it.

4 Likes

This class is loaded and you can get a good TE in the 3rd round or later. Totally agree!

2 Likes

No Way Smh GIF by MOODMAN

1 Like

I think all the trade proved was that hockenson wasn’t a premiere TE.

Why not upgrade where we can?

1 Like

DT is a position of need. TE is a position of luxury.

2 Likes

CB isnt a need but RB is?

Skoronski at 9
Branch drooped out of top round, Bressee late 1st

1 Like

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
HORRIBLE

triggered GIF

2 Likes