The Bears just got our attention… and it’s the best possible thing that could have happened!

It’s funny how anxious the Bears and Panthers trade has made some posters… Good! No different than the Bills possibly losing T Edmunds, Poyer, and others, and Jets potentially pulling Erin…. Teams rise and fall in a blink these days!!!

The NFL requires a solid foundation and great coaching to get good (we are now), but some luck and well timed aggressive roster enhancement are key. Fields still has growing pains, and that is if he grows… Rodgers is likely gone and the Vikes have a downward arrow. This is the year to shoot the shot at the Division crown…

The Bears have 75M in cap space now that DJ Moore is on the books…. The Lions could easily free up space to get to 38M by cutting 3 guys who did virtually nothing to contribute to our success last year- as in we won’t miss them…

I agree that 37M is a big difference, but how big?

Bears-
Yannick- 15M
Rankins- 7M
T Edmunds- 15M

• that’s their “head start.”

What about draft capital?

Bears- top 100 picks next 3 years
2024- 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd
2025- 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd

Lions- top 100 picks next 3 years
2024- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd
2025- 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Summary:

Bears- 1st Rd- 4… 2nd Rd- 5… 3rd- 3
Lions- 1st Rd- 4…. 2nd Rd- 4…. 3rd- 4

Really not much in there.

Let’s not ignore they have a putrid depth chart… so adding 3 really solid, top paid free agents will help, but still not make them a playoff team in my opinion….

They have to draft like Holmes and coach like DC still!

• the only thing that scares me about the Bears is that I just read their draft target could be Bijan….
5 Likes

The Bears are way behind the 8 ball talent wise. Their defense has so little talent it’s laughable. Eddie Jackson and Brisker are their two best players. Their next best player might just be an UDFA from last year, Jack Sanborn.

On offense they are definitely further along, but now all three of there top WRs are going to be looking for a new deal next year. They need at least two starting caliber OLineman. Cole Kmet is a solid TE, but he is a FA in 2024 as well. Montgomery is a FA this year so they will need to add someone at RB as well. Then you have Fields who is clearly a very dangerous player, but can be play QB at an even average level as he hasn’t shown much so far.

Their GM has yet to show an ability to find talent and their coach hasn’t shown the ability to develop talent. I’ll start worrying about the Bears when they actually give us a reason to worry about them.

The National guys can be so annoying sometimes. They just parrot one another. I keep hearing them equate the Bears trade to the Dolphins Niners deal and say, “It’s just about equal to that deal.” Seems about right.

The issue is that moving from 3 to 12 is significantly less valuable according to the trade value chart. The move from 1 to 9 should generate an extra late first then a move from 3 to 12.

5 Likes

If they get him, we just put Fox at S for those 2 games & knock him out early.

3 Likes

I aint scared of the cute cuddly little Bear cubs. 41-10 sound familiar!?

1 Like

Bears have a LOT of growing to undergo before we have legit concerns there.
@Jman broke down the difference between their capital & ours, & it is minimal.
…so the question is…you trust Brad & Dan more, or their guys?

Yup - Bears are in deep schyiiit

1 Like

If the Bears get some OL help they won’t need Bijan. Herbert was very effective last year and I heard their QB is pretty good at running the ball. They need for Fields to get time to throw the ball. If they don’t, they won’t survive as a one dimensional team.

1 Like

This will be Jack Fox next season!!

steve carrell bear GIF

Bears in practice getting reaxy for Fox & Sewell…

Baby Animals Fighting GIF

Game time on Sunday vs Lions…Reality sets in…

The Hulk GIF

1 Like

Best case would have been the Bears sticking at pick 1. That always seemed a long shot as that would have been ultra stupid. Next best thing was them trading down and staying with Fields. They’re still on a road to nowhere.

Thats who I have them taking at 9. Get Fields a complete offense and see what happens. It makes perfect sense IMO. They will determine if he’s the guy this season and make a decision with that extra capital in 2024.

1 Like

I like that the bears moved down. I firmly believe Will Anderson Jr is a generational talent. They took themselves out of drafting an elite player imo.

3 Likes

The Bears are going to be much improved. Gonna have a really good offense I think in 2023.

I think you are gonna be surprised Natty!

If you look at a trade from both sides and can get on board, the team trading #1 didn’t get blown away IMO.

I like what the Bears got…a lot actually. But I also think they could’ve gotten more. Panthers did well imo. Next year still have 7 picks. 2025 they have all but their 2nd.

This trade didn’t hurt their future much.

I give the Bears an A- and the Panthers an A. Could the panthers have done better moving up to 1? I don’t think so. Could the Bears have done better? I think yes, a little.

1 Like

Agree

1 Like

Chicago, has the ammo to get a haul in this draft “now” / recently, here in March in fact…they just got our attention BIG for the moves they have made to aquire picks. The Bears will be close to our level UNLESS they muck up their draft. they COULD go high on one of the top QB’s and either get rid of Feilds or try to demote him to a back up. I have no idea how many picks they have in all, but they could be noticeably better in 23…again if they do things correctly. I don’t want these chumps to become a threat, but they do have moves to make and can shake things up if they draft worth a $#!7.

I think we’re on the same page. The Bears did perfectly fine. I think Poles’ bluster just had me thinking he had something crazy lined up.

I was bracing for:

Indy’s next three 1sts and Michael Pittman with the Bears still getting Will Anderson.

1 Like

That would’ve been ridiculous lol. And I’m sure the reason that didn’t get done is because the Colts weren’t even close to giving that much up.

It worked out about as well as it could for us. Even though a lot of people see it as hurting our chances of a trade down. Which more than likely wasn’t going to happen anyway.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, we still have more draft capital or value than the Bears.

Hutch would clearly be flagged for throwing Fields that far!

I’ll take the penalty though. totally worth it. haha