The Bird beats the Yankees

After watching Tom Dempsey beat the Lions, I thought all of you Detroit team fans would enjoy
4 minutes and 39 seconds of video that I promise will make you feel good.

It’s Mark Fidrych going 8-1 after beating the Yankees. Enjoy!

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=AwrDQ3JOZ4tewFIAgNY0nIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTBncGdyMzQ0BHNlYwNzZWFyY2gEdnRpZAM-;_ylc=X1MDMTM1MTE5NTcwMARfcgMyBGFjdG4DY2xrBGNzcmNwdmlkAzdVLlB5REV3TGpFQTlEZURYb1B2NVFOaU5EY3VOUUFBQUFDaEVaX0YEZnIDeWhzLWF2YXN0LXNlY3VyZWJyb3dzZXIEZnIyA3NhLWdwBGdwcmlkAzRGNjdGU1JkVEt1ejUwZDZHZURsV0EEbl9yc2x0AzYwBG5fc3VnZwMxMARvcmlnaW4DdmlkZW8uc2VhcmNoLnlhaG9vLmNvbQRwb3MDMgRwcXN0cgNNYXJrJTIwRmlkBHBxc3RybAM4BHFzdHJsAzE0BHF1ZXJ5A21hcmslMjBmaWRyeWNoBHRfc3RtcAMxNTg2MTk0Mjcw?p=mark+fidrych&ei=UTF-8&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av%2Cm%3Asa&fr=yhs-avast-securebrowser&hsimp=yhs-securebrowser&hspart=avast#id=12&vid=ef190c0ca2350a4bc09ebc3370502bf9&action=view

He was special, the catcher, Bruce Kimm was from a small town about 20 minutes from where I live. I know some of the family, Mike Boddicker is also from Norway, IA.

Loved it when he got down on his hands and knees and manicured the pitching
mound to his liking, and even better, when he would “talk” to the baseball. I can’t
thinks of a greater short term phenomenon in sports than the bird.

3 Likes

Tiger stadium would be packed to the rafters on the games he pitched …than half full the other three games until he pitched again LOL

Besides just his antics it was even more crazy because in his very first start in the majors he flirted with a no-hitter. Here was this kid in his first start in MLB throwing a no-hitter while doing all his crazy shit. Everybody was going insane

A guy like that deserved a longer career
It felt like such a rip off that his career was cut short