The Brian Daboll bandwagon forms here

He’s too fat to be a good HC… or so I’m told…

2 Likes

Everytime I hear about all these new hot names, all I can think of is how the Lions fans had a meltdown when they lost out on the Ken Whisenhunt sweepstakes to Tennessee. Names from the past

Adam Gase, Todd Haley, Matty P, Chip Kelly, Dirk Koetter, Ben Mcadoo, Josh McDaniels, Pat Shurmur,

1 Like

Haha did you say cheeseburger!??? Andy Reid here.

Really!? I haven’t noticed many similarities between the 2.

Ooops Weasel…Did you forget someone? I am THE prognosticator of prognosticators!

This beef between groundhogs and weasels needs to end!

1 Like

Varmits unite!

1 Like

Not my personal opinion… Reid has been one of my favorite coaches for over a decade.

1 Like

How is Daboll as a leader? Is he just a X and O guy? Clearly the Lions need a leader that the players will respect and hold them accountable.

The thing that concerns me is that he hasn’t been consistent sustaining a top offense in the league. He’s definitely worth an interview though.

From Wiki:
Daboll began his NFL coaching career with the New England Patriots as a defensive coaching assistant in 2000 before being promoted to wide receivers coach for the Patriots in 2002. After the 2006 season, he left the Patriots to serve as the Jets’ quarterbacks coach.

In 2009, Daboll joined Eric Mangini’s staff in Cleveland as offensive coordinator. Under Daboll the Browns had the NFL’s 32nd ranked offense in 2009 and the 29th ranked offense in 2010. Daboll was named Offensive Coordinator of the Miami Dolphins under Tony Sparano in 2011, with his Dolphins improving from 30th in the league to 20th in overall offense. On February 6, 2012 the Kansas City Chiefs announced the hiring of Daboll as offensive coordinator, replacing the retired Bill Muir. Daboll had previously worked with Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel, general manager Scott Pioli and quarterback Matt Cassel in the New England Patriots organization. On January 14, 2013, the New England Patriots announced that he would be brought back in a coaching capacity for the remainder of the Patriots 2012–13 season. On February 5, 2017, Daboll was part of the Patriots coaching staff that won Super Bowl LI. In the game, the Patriots defeated the by a score of 34–28 in overtime.

Daboll returned to college football in 2017 as offensive coordinator for Nick Saban and the Alabama Crimson Tide, starting February 20, 2017. He helped Alabama reach the 2018 National Championship Game, where the Tide defeated the Georgia Bulldogs in overtime.

On January 14, 2018, Daboll was named as the new offensive coordinator for the Buffalo Bills.

I see a guy with broad experience at a variety of different places, who’s unquestionably getting better at his job as a result of it.

And I love his recent foray in college ball, to bring some of those schemes to the table.

He took a raw-but-skilled QB from Wyoming (?!), built a diverse offense designed to make that QB comfortable and confident, and helped turn him into an MVP candidate within two years.

And it’s not pass-happy or run-happy; it’s an almost crazy balance. Perfect for NFC North ball. Perfect for January ball.

My momma always said groundhogs are the Devil.

1 Like

Daboll’s our Vrabel.
We should get him, if able.
It’s all on the table.
He won’t be Tom Cable.

(And I’m not unstable.)

1 Like

You are writing poetry on a lions forum, you might be at least a bit unstable, haha

Meh.

Imagine what he’s gonna do with Herbert, who’s already great.

If this happens look for Herbert to be in the MVP talk in the next couple years. If we could’ve just had the opportunity to draft Herbert… :man_facepalming:

I got this from freep

Holmes is expected to be involved in the Lions’ coaching hire, though a second league source described the final pairing as something of an arranged marriage.

Sounds like Holmes didn’t have a say in the Campbell hire

No it means they were linked from the beginning. That was what was discussed prior to the hire. It may be who holmes wanted and thats why he’s the favorite.

1 Like