The Curious Case of Jashon Cornell

And it just gets more curious. Enter Taylor, exit Penisini. Please baby Jesus tell me there’s more help on the way.

I think it’s pretty clear they plan on kicking Hutchinson and probably paschal inside on passing downs. It makes sense when you look at our edge rushers.

I’m way more worried about the run.

1 Like

For some reason I’m really not. Brockers is a good run defender. So is Romeo. A year in the weight room and a better scheme should see massive improvement from McNeil and onwuzurike. We also have a better run defending safety in Elliot.

No way consistently, maybe on occasions. He’ll play DE 70% of the time or more.

He was a five star recruit at Ohio State. I know that doesn’t mean a ton in the pros, but it obviously shows what kind of raw ability he has.

I know Todd Wash thinks he is under the radar this summer.

1 Like

Yeah wash spoke highly of him at his last presser.

It also sounds like they plan on getting more size later on. Maybe late cuts or maybe next season…

Hand was a 5 star as well.

The Athletic just recently noted that Cornell was getting some run with the #1s on defense, especially inside at DT to give some pass rushing chops. I thought that was interesting.

1 Like

I bet he is at least 310 an maybe 315 He is plenty big enough an quicker an overal bigger than Penisni just maybe 10 pounds lighter but few inches taller

Uh, Penisweenie is 6’2"-335lbs and Cornell is 6’3" on one site and 6’2" on another…and no Cornell is not 315lbs, thats just crazy talk. He’ll be a 290lb 3tech/ 5tech.

1 Like

I think paschal plays almost entirely inside.

1 Like

Cornell is 6’2 1/4", weighed 285 at the combine. He’s listed at most at 297, ESPN and several other sites.

1 Like

I’m just talking pure passing situations. It would make the most sense. Get a pass rush from Hutchinson, okwara, Harris and whoever else.

1 Like

Just don’t agree at all. To me his best skills are used in a obvious passing situation at the egde. His quick step n motor. Guess time will tell.

I feel like Paschal will mostly be on the edge, same with Hutch. Cornhole will be on the inside. If Hutch and Paschal are inside, it’s to stunt around the DE’s and DE’s to take defenders inside.

1 Like

I see this too. I think Pachal has enough athleticism to be a really nice DE-type. Learn to use the size to his advantage. We need another monster DT on the Roster, though McNeil has a nice ceiling. I’d rather see us oversized than undersized, for sure.

3 Likes

I’m all for it on occasion. Like the giants used to do when they won their super bowls. That race car package they had was almost unblockable.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.