The Curious Case of Logan Stenberg

Who believe it or not was actually really good at drafting O-linemen and horrible at almost everything else.

2 Likes

Same thoughts I had on that dude.

He was amazing with the Lions. jUst got hurt, hated the OL coach, then got shipped. LOVED me some Warford.

Who was the O-line coach back then!?

Can’t remember -it was a story thoguh.

Very True

1 Like

Ron Prince.

4 Likes

In a pre-draft interview, as Paschal described his becoming a team leader, he mentioned how the leaders of the team had all graduated/left the school, naming Stenberg as one such leader.

3 Likes

I think if they didn’t like him, he’d already be gone. Recently read an article regarding Stenberg, got hurt last year on a field goal attempt where someone landed on him wrong while twisted up. I think he’s probably a hard working kid that’s probably going to get a chance sooner or later.

Unlike past Lions offensive lines, he’s going to have to earn it with elevated play instead of having it handed to him. Cream rises, we’ll see if he’s up to the challenge :wink:

3 Likes

Warford was an animal his last year or so in Detroit. I was pissed they let him walk.

5 Likes

He was a free agent… and he didn’t want to be here.
There are recent posts discussing how he didn’t like the coaches… so franchising him wouldn’t have solved the issue.

I hated almost everything Quinn did… but can’t really blame him if a player wants out as a UFA.

1 Like

HIs rookie year too. Awesome

I know. It doesn’t make it any easier though watching him go to pro bowls with another team. Meanwhile we keep haves to invest pick after pick in the same positions because our management can’t get their shit together.

1 Like

I was pissed when we didn’t take Warford in the second and then couldn’t believe he was still there in the 3rd.

2 Likes

If you dont have the feet to mirror your opponent, that’s when the flags come. You have to start grabbing to makeup for the slow feet.

food for thought…… because they like quite similar to me….

1 Like

I forgot he was a 3rd ruound pick. Wasn’t he the highest rated OL as a rookie? Highest rated rookie OLmen? Am I remembering that correctly? Anyway → dude was a monster!

And just to note, lack of athleticism is typically why these guys play inside and not outside.

Stenberg played OG in college and was drafted as a OG… so I assumed the questions about his athleticism pertained to playing his natural position…. no?

1 Like

That’s not as much of an issue at guard as it is at tackle IF you have good technique. That’s where Logan needed the most work was with his technique. That’s a major reason he hasn’t contributed much in my opinion. The injuries have slowed his learning process. Technique is the one thing that has to be done to learn and perfect. You can’t just study it.

1 Like

So I never followed Logan closely but it seems thst he’s in much better shape. For our sake he better be.