The DebateTwo Weeks Out

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1382334473417674755?s=20

1 Like

I’ll just add this:

No linebacker in this draft is worth a top-10 pick, and very few LBs in league history were worth a top-10 pick.

1 Like

I propose a gentleman’s wager - I take the position Parson’s doesn’t fall to 15, you that he does. Winner gets to say “I told you so” for a month AND both parties agree the winner would make the better NFL GM AND if the loser were ever to be given the opportunity to accept a NFL GM position, they would be required to notify their employer that the winner, either @LastShoe-todrop or @Bigswinginbeef, would be the better hire.

Makes total sense. Even if they have no intention of taking him. It’s part of the game you must play.

1 Like

I didn’t say he will fall to 15 - I said if he does… It’s not improbable at all that he falls into the teens. Its about as probable that Parsons falls to 15 as Chase falls to 7. 50/50.
Its not about talent, its about hyped character concerns. Top ten teams won’t bite. Unless there’s a smartest-guy-in-the-room that doesn’t buy the hype and sees all-reality - that’s the only way Parson doesn’t fall into the teens.
I’ll take the bet. If he lands in the teens, it puts my scenario in play, so I’d consider it a win by proximity - closest to the target. Lets reword it this way: If he’s taken closer to 7 you win; if he’s taken closer to 15, I win…

I feel this more than I ever have before. I’m hoping for at least one big time offensive playmaker. Someone who can have a Swift-like impact.
Very excited to see Swift used properly too, that in and of itself will be like adding a new player. Swift is currently my 2nd fav player (behind Fox GOAT…how can you not love a guy named after TWO animals?)

Gives you a bit of an advantage, but OK. So, he gets drafted 11 or higher, I am vicorious, 12 or below, the spoils are yours.

Heh. 11 is actually a stalemate. 10 or earlier you win; 12 or later, myself. 11 is equidistant 7 and 15. We’d need a tiebreaker…

@LastShoe-todrop

Tie breaker - Does Waddel get drafted before or after Parsons?

I would take Waddle after Parsons.

Hmm, I agree.
So let’s find some other place we part ways. What position do you see the Lions drafting first (in any round)? WR or OL? This is tricky because most people seem to say WR at 7 (should we not trade down), but I say Sewell and you say Parsons at 7. So, my answer to this question would have to be: I see the Lions choosing an OL before a WR overall this draft.

The standard of draft analysts hype isn’t a good standard at all. The fact the NFL teams seem to be moved at times by these guys continues to shock me. Millen’s drafts were often lauded at the time but Millen was AWFUL at drafting!

The fact that people are all over Pitts is a big surprise to me. Chase and Smith are FAR better WR options than Pitts. They get open, they produce at elite levels and they run amazing routes (more so with Smith there). Pitts? Does he run amazing routes? I don’t see amazing in his cuts. Athletic? Hel yes. But us he a special TE? Not to me and sure as hell not as a top five pick. If you want a WR draft a WR who knows how to get open and runs great routes. Pitts at between 15-20 would be far better value.

I love Hock now, I understood why the Lions took him but DO believe in draft value to a degree. I am not ever taking a guard, TE or center top ten ever. I am just not doing that. Safety is one I lean towards value later but I am willing to go there with a safety. LBer and CB…yes, I am okay with that.

I get folks are all over Pitts but I think they are wrong in terms of what his production will be in the NFL. I just don’t see it with Pitts. Not that high. I question whether he can block at all, I question his route running, I question his output in college and I don’t think he is a WR.

@Bigswinginbeef. I win.

I’ve heard quite a few of them say Pitts is their highest graded TE since Vernon Davis. Regardless of how they feel about Pitts, that means they missed on a hell of alot of TEs from Davis until now…and you can basically say that they are using the wrong criteria.

1 Like