The Den NFL Bracket Thread: Thread closes at 4:30 ET!

Following up on BigNatty’s suggestion, lets do an NFL bracket.

Simple rules: Only pick the winners (don’t worry about the matchups).

Wildcard weekend winners (3NFC/3AFC): 1 point each (possible 6 points)
Divisional round winners (2NFC/2AFC): 2 points each (possible 8 points)
Conference champs (1 NFC/1AFC): 3 points each (possible 6 points)
Super Bowl Champ (1): 4 points - highest possible score 24 points.

Most know that there is one bye in each conference in week 1. (So don’t pick Green Bay or Tennessee in the wild card round). Most also know that the matchups in the second and third rounds require the highest seed to face the lowest surviving seed.

ADMIN EDIT: You can also use this tool: https://playoffpredictors.com/Football/Playoffs/Picker/D4CA92D4-BA81-4A0F-A1AD-FC5F5D1C1D64?L=0000000000000#

Here is a link to the seedings:https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-playoffs-2022-picks-predictions-bracket-super-bowl/qm7ljbia21w514pj03zl2fvtr. And here are the seedings if you don’t like clicking on links:
NFC: 1 GB (bye), 2 Tampa Bay vs. 7 Philadelphia, 3 Dallas vs. 6 SanFrancisco, 4 LA Rams vs 5 Arizona.
AFC: 1 Tennesee (bye), 2 Kansas City vs. 7 Pittsburgh, 3 Buffalo vs. 6 New England, 4 Cincinnati vs. 5 LasVegas

Here are my predictions. I will volunteer to keep score. Please use format below. Remember, winners only.

Wild card round:
NFC: Tampa Bay, Arizona, SanFrancisco
AFC: Kansas City, New England, Cincinnati

Divisional round:
NFC: Green Bay, SanFrancisco
AFC: Kansas City, New England

Conference championship:
San Francisco
Kansas City

SuperBowl:
Kansas City

1 Like

Wild card round:
NFC: Tampa Bay, LA, SanFrancisco
AFC: Kansas City, Buffalo, Cincinnati

Divisional round:
NFC: Green Bay, LA
AFC: Kansas City, Buffalo

Conference championship:
LA
Buffalo

SuperBowl:
Buffalo

This is what I picked for my office bracket. A little outside the box.

1 Like

Wild Card: Arizona, Kansas City, Cincinnati, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Buffalo

Divisional: Kansas City, Green Bay, Buffalo, Dan Francisco

Conference Championship: Kansas City, Green Bay

Super Bowl: Kansas City.

very possible. the only thing i don’t like is draft pick 31. but also very possible.

Wild Card: Arizona, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Dallas, Tampa Bay, Buffalo

Divisional: Tennessee, Green Bay, KansasCity, Dallas

Conference Championship: Tennessee, Green Bay

Super Bowl: Tennessee

I’ll take

——

LA Staffords
Cowboys
Bucs

Chiefs
Bills
Bengals

——

Bengals
Chiefs
Dallas
Green Bay

——

Chiefs
Green Bay

——

Satan wins it all and retires to host Jeopardy

Trust me I would be fine with them getting knocked out in the first round. I just think Arizona is a mess right now, Tampa is down Godwin and Brown with Mike Evans hurting and lost to the Rams at full strength earlier in the year. I also don’t think nearly as high of the Packers as others may. Put Ramsey on Adams and give him some extra help and Rodgers won’t have his safety net. As long as they don’t rush for 200+ I think the Rams have their number.

Big thing is “bad” Stafford not showing up. They don’t need him to be Superman and as long as Stafford realizes that, I think they will be tough to beat.

There’s multiple upsets every year. Almost always someone you don’t expect. Arizona IS a mess, but also quite capable of destroying someone in single elimination. Graybeard All Star teams seldom work and the Rams have their own issues

1 Like

I’m not saying it is impossible. Just giving my reasons why I went the way I did. Crazy upsets happen all the time.

Only game this weekend I would go out on a limb saying there is no chance of an upset is Pittsburgh KC. KC was up 30-0 on them just over a month ago and Pittsburgh has no right of being there. There only strength is literally one player, TJ Watt. They don’t have a very good passing game, o-line, rushing attack, pass defense, run defense, nothing. Worst team to make it in awhile, IMO.

And “The Jinx” is on folks! :laughing: :rofl: :joy: Now you know the upset to bet on :laughing:

Wild card round:
NFC: Tampa Bay, Arizona, Dallas

Divisional round:
NFC: Green Bay, Tampa Bay
AFC: Kansas City, Tennessee

Conference championship:
Tampa Bay
Tennessee

Super Bowl:
Tennessee wins it 34-30, showing mid level quarterbacks everywhere that the spirit of Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson lives in all of us. I’m looking at you, Jared.

2 Likes

Wild card round:
NFC: Tampa Bay, LAR, Dallas
AFC: Kansas City, Buffalo, Vegas

Divisional round:
NFC: LAR, Dallas
AFC: Buffalo, Tennessee

Conference championship:
Dallas
Tennessee

SuperBowl:
Tennessee (Despite the best efforts of the refs)

Also @JerseyJungle , I think if you have TB, Arizona and SF winning the wild card rounds, the seeding would reshuffle and GB as the highest seed would be playing SF as the lowest remaining, making this impossible:

Just thought you should know since we’re gambling here lol

Money is involved?

This would be like Seattle upsetting New Orleans when Marshawn Lynch went crazy like 10 years ago. I believe that was the year Seattle went 7-9 and New Orleans was one of the best teams in the NFL that year.

1 Like

Pride gambling

Wild Card Round:
NFC: Tampa Bay, Dallas, LA
AFC: KC, NE, Cincy

Divisional Round:
NFC: GB, Dallas
AFC: KC, NE

Conference Championship:
GB
KC

Super Bowl:

Green Bay

Wild card round:
NFC: Tampa Bay, Arizona, SanFrancisco
AFC: Kansas City, New England, Cincinnati

Divisional round:
NFC: Green Bay, Arizona
AFC: Kansas City, New England

Conference championship:
Green Bay
Kansas City

I used the following tool if others find it helpful: NFL 2021-2022 Season Playoff Brackets - Playoff Predictors

You can choose to download as an image or shareable link.

Output:

3 Likes

great idea!

Wild card round:
NFC: Tampa Bay, LA, Dallas

Divisional round:
NFC: LA RAMS, Tampa
AFC: Tennesee, Buffalo

Conference championship:
LA Rams
Buffalo