The Giants, who haven't traded down since 2006, are considering it this year

1 Like

Who and for what purpose is a trade up to no. 11 going to happen?

Just give all the teams more picks! No one is happy with what they have. It seems like everyone just wants more picks, more picks, give me more picks.

Make the NFL Draft 10 rounds again:

• 1rst and 2nd on Thursday
  • 3rd through 6th on Friday
  • 7th through 10th on Saturday

Stretch the first night out for the big pay day with the television sponsors. Then just stream the last 8 rounds with some studio commentary and highlight reels.

Give the teams what they want…MORE PICKS ffs!

1 Like

The NFLPA will never go for a longer draft.

Why would the NFLPA be opposed to it?

It would be 96 more players that could (potentially) find more financial security under the negotiated rookie wage scale, rather than those 96 players looking to sign undrafted free agent contracts under no wage scale.

If it’s more money and security for their players, then the NFLPA would support it.

As I recall, the theory (when the draft was reduced from 8 rounds to 7), was that fringe players would have a better chance of making a roster if they could choose where they wanted to go as opposed to being drafted.

By way of example, I suspect the reason that one of the more highly coveted UDRFAs, Hunter Bryant, signed with the Lions last year was because: (1) Other than Hockenson and James, there weren’t any other TEs who were a lock for a roster spot; and (2) the Lions did not draft any TEs in 2020.

2 Likes

It’s not a 7 round draft though, with all the comp picks, it’s literally close to 9 rounds already.

2 Likes

That’s a good point too. With there being 32 original comp picks, plus the few for coaching/administrative changes, that adds a full round.

2 Likes

Need moar beenz!

beans GIF

A CB and OT maybe?

There are several teams right behind them that need CB and OT.