The Goff hate is becoming a freaking JOKE! I will be waiting with a bowl of crow for any takers

Well said.

Goffs 27 and has a few more years to try and get a SB win. Honestly Stafford was ranked low as well his whole time in Detroit. Goff really has a chance to do something special here. I may be drinking the kool aid but I like where our offense is heading. Excited about the defense but still have concerns.

8 Likes

Not fair at all. I don’t believe there is even 1 fan that posts here on a regular basis that wishes Goff to fail. Heck, many here might sell a child to watch the Lions win a playoff game. :slight_smile:
Do some fans/posters have doubts about Goffs ability to put the team on his shoulders when things are going sideways? Yup, I’m guilty of doubts myself, but to wish Goff to fail over team success? HELL NO!!
Please share just 1 fan who feels that strongly about being right on Goff’s failing versus team success. You won’t find a one on this forum.
As far as Goff’s early success, I tip my cap to McVay, his schemes were new to the NFL, he was able to take a 2nd year QB and play a style of ball that kept the pressure off the QB. It’s smart coaching, when the QB has confidence success usually follows.
Now that Goff is in the D, he has to take the lead and get others believing he is in fact the man. I hope we see this growth, it will allow us to utilize them Beanz to gain more talent and depth.
I have my doubts, who cares! I want Goff to prove my doubts wrong.
Am I giving lip service and hoping I can prove I was right?

6 Likes

On the forum?

I’m a Goff skeptic but I ha

Great post!!!

Jesus some if you guys are trip…. The media is saying we have a bottom 3-5 QB- a guy who while injured went 11-5 with the Rams a year before Stafford went 12-5?

Stafford is a better QB than Goff, thus the reason WE GOT THE PICKS!

Jalen Hurts? Winston? Fields? T Lance? Cousins? Ryan? Wentz? Tua? Baker? Tannehill?
Murray? Darnold? Locke? Jimmy G? Z Wilson? T Lawrence? D Carr? D Mills? Mac Jones? D Jones?

That’s 20!!!

Murray, Tua, Baker, Darnold, D Jones- guys 2- 5 years in the league who haven’t proven nearly what Goff did through his first 2-3 years alone.

Ryan, Wentz, Cousins, Carr, Tannehill, and Jimmy G? I would say Goff has accomplished as much or more than any of them… and he’s 4 years younger than all but Wentz…. Yet all were ranked as higher or higher? He’s accomplished about as much as Jimmy, but again more durable, better stats and 3-4 years younger?

Lawrence, Fields, Mills, M Jones, Wilson and Lance…. I’m willing to bet none makes a pro bowl this year, nor makes the SB next….

Most don’t realize Goff is only a year older than Mahomes. He’s still a kid

3 Likes

Maybe you should link the post(s) that have you pitching such an epic fit, so I can see if I need to join in…

@Lyonfan1

So you really don’t think that Goff’s success, especially early on after McVay replaced Fisher there, had absolutely nothing to do with McVay?

I’d bet that Murray, Lawrence, Fields, Mac Jones, Carr, and Hurts could all make a pro bowl running McVay’s system back then before he changed it for Stafford after he got figured out.

So should we really judge Goff’s pro bowl as an accomplishment? Or was it a byproduct of the situation around him?

Yes, he still had to do it, but the margin for error to get that far is much lower on that team with that coach than any of the guys I listed have to deal with.

1 Like

I truly think everyone is rooting for Goff. It feels weird to me that people see something different than that.

Word. :wink:

3 Likes

LETS SPELL IT OUT!!!

Do many in here love Holmes? DC? Do many question Goff?

The guy who traded up for Goff, then traded for Goff… then chose not to replace Goff?

Bottom line… Goff IS NOT, and WILL NOT be the problem-

If McVay could win 11-13 games with Goff- the. DC should be able to as well….

3 Likes

DC>McV
Truth! :wink:
Holmes will get it right…You’lll see

pigeon looking GIF by Stephanie Z. Delazeri

1 Like

We don’t love Holmes because he loves Goff, we love Holmes because of everything else he’s done.

Let’s not pretend DC is McVay until he wins a ring here.

Just like in LA right?

I don’t think Goff is so bad like this article you are referencing, I just want someone better.

1 Like

J Coker and AJ McCarron have title just like Tua and Mac Jones… different ways to get there

1 Like

Yes, but we choose to question that one choice- a lot.

Because he’s the f’ing quarterback. Who already had a lot of film in this league. And was on a massive contract.

We should be questioning that move for better or worse.

2 Likes

I agree on DC- I also believe we have a top 10-15 QB in the NFL on a reasonable contract, and entering his prime.

another coach almost won a SB with him at age 23… so if our coach is on par, then a prime version of Goff should at least be capable of an NFC Championship game here.

Pretending Watson, Wilson have a shot? While still assuming Mahomes and Allen have many more bouts? While also thinking about Herbert or L Ajax?

1 Like

[quote=“Lyonfan1, post:32, topic:16173”]
J Coker
[/quote[

1 Like

Agreed. Also, I’ve said this multiple times. I view Goff as 12-15 range.

Yup - guaranteed. These cats are just getting started.

There’s definitely reason to question Goff, period. Like everyone else I hope he succeeds, i much prefer having 2 1sts building out the team then hoping to get lucky on a rook QB.

That said, Goff struggled the last 2 yrs in LA. Therefore McVey wanted the upgrade and went after it.

To say well yeah, but that 1 yr he made a SB, so did Kapernick, he sucked, still does but had a couple yrs before he was figured out. Wentz had a great yr and nothing since. It’s not uncommon, id say more common than not. There were several QBs, including Goff at one point rated higher than Stafford, several now back ups or out of the league. Dying on the hill of a couple good yrs before teams caught up to McVey, is standing on shaky ground.

Goff has the chance to silence critics, i hope he does, but anyone that’s watched him the last 3 yrs clearly see’s issues. My hope is he lost confidence, it happens, and McVey could have contributed to it. If that’s the case, and reports in camp are his confidence is high, then we could be in good shape.

This yr should erase most doubts one way or the other.

6 Likes

Doctorlove is right.

It’s time for the weekly thread.