The Interception stat needs to be altered

Agreed . The truth and in game results very different … Bad pass (tabulated as such for the QB as a stat), never should have been thrown, great defensive play by a WR that did not give up on the pass because it was un-catchable for him, maybe a game saving defensive play by a WR on a bonehead pass by a QB …The result in the stats for Cooper and Dak ? 1 target for Cooper and in the books it goes down as an incompletion for Dak .
If you love the game , the story , the chess match you realize just how much stats can and can not tell the whole story …I love this game.

The thread is about the INT stats need to be changed , why? I described what an INT is and has been for generations in the NFL…but the damn INT stat has to be “changed” ? Next I saw posters talking about how the ball was tipped or bobbled and then caught…well ok but point being no matter how the ball became intercepted, it’s an interception no matter how many different players touched the ball…so what are you complaining about?

No one is remotely discussing what an interception is Cub? Do you think anyone here needs to have the definition of Interception explained to them? Anyone who would need to discuss such a thing knows jack shit about football .

No one is discussing the interception results as it pertains to the the game Cub or what it means to throw or force an interception or the results in game .

The Interception Stat is what is being discussed (And who gets the negative stat on their resume) as it pertains to stats .
Does that clear it up ?

well gee, I thought when a QB threw an INT, it’s the QB that gets a negative stat on their resume.no matter how the ball got intercepted. silly me.

Yeah, we should definitely give TDs to QBs when balls are dropped in the end zone too. Participation ribbons for kickers who miss extra points and extra yards to running backs who have to play in the snow.

We could just disagree with him and not deride him or ignore him. I don’t see the need for derision. I mean QB’s throw the ball away to avoid sacks, to kill the clock, because coverage is too good. There are a hundred ways to alter stats. This is childish.

1 Like

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2wpQsjtjuTQJiQuMVW6yyp3qyB-h1dUEkSA6keZ6N2sJLioViLAhttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2wpQsjtjuTQJiQuMVW6yyp3qyB-h1dUEkSA6keZ6N2sJLioViLA