1. Jarrad Davis
  2. Teez Tabor

1. Taylor Decker
  2. A’shawn Robinson

1. Laken Tomlinson
  2. Ameer Abdullah

1. Eric Ebron
  2. Kyle Van Noy

I sure hope that this year is different than the previous 6 years.

Awful job, and that’s why we won’t be contenders.

2 Likes

Other than Ragnow, what a bunch of trash.
No wonder the team only won 3 games last year. You can’t constantly miss on 1st and 2nd round picks and expect to field a decent team.

2 Likes

Yiiiiiiikes

2014 and 2015 are particularly hideous

2017 and 2018 are just as hideous.

Frank Ragnow is a top 10 center and rising
Johnson has been fine, other than the injuries

2017 was bad

My bad…I meant 2017 and 2019.
2018 was a solid draft in the first two rounds.

Don’t be ridiculous. Ragnow is a good player and we’ll just have to wait and see on Kerryon, he’s good when he’s healthy (as rare as that is). 2014, 2015 and 2017 are embarrassments, inexcusable really.

Edit: I see that you corrected yourself although I don’t know how anybody can call the 2019 draft already a bust already.

That occurred because Stafford got hurt and the Lions did not have an adequate backup.

Arguably, they still don’t, but Chase Daniel may be the best backup QB they’ve had since Shaun Hill.

Overall, that’s a pretty sad state of affairs.

2020 has the potential to be the best, but when you’re picking that high, it should be.

Presently, 2018 is the best. 2016 is second best.

2019–jury’s still out.

2014/ 2015 (Mayhew), and 2017 (Quinn) are all bad.

2013 was actually really good.
Ansah
Slay
Warford
Devin Taylor
Sam Martin
Theo Riddick

That, and they were in full blown tank mode.

1 Like

Yep, people say teams should tank
Lions do it and they get beat up for it
:crazy_face:

2 Likes

Johnson isn’t fine at all, 133 rushes last year longest run was 20 yrds I think he had like 5 runs that actually went over 10 yrds. He had decent rookie year but the lack of burst has all been there he gets by on good vision. But with injury’s his burst now is non existent. He was horrific last year. Couldn’t out run anyone. Tez Tabor would catch with ease

Dammit. I knew reading this thread would piss me off and I went and read it anyways.

#$^@

1 Like

They weren’t tanking. You guys make it sound like they should have won 5 or 6 of their last 8 games. When you are that bad, you aren’t tanking, you just suck.
And the players don’t tank. That is the easiest way to find yourself out of the league. Every snap is on tape, and guys are usually trying their best because they want to keep a job.

2 Likes

okay, believe what you want to believe …
:+1:

You really think a coach is going to tell his players not to try? You really think a player is going to allow himself to be filmed like that. Players are auditioning for the other 31 teams every week. Is it worth losing a job in the NFL so a team that you probably won’t even be on in a few years gets a higher draft pick?

And that’s why Quinn needs to go.

Looking back the only two picks I liked at the time were Abdullah and Robinson, lukewarm on Swift.