The Lions are Number 1 - We are number 1 - Not What You'd Think

LOL @ ST (Fox) 32nd.
WAY higher in so many ways than I thought…LB is what surprised me the most.

2 Likes

ya, that was borderline shocking. of course, we have about nine of them. MRod will soon clear the deck though!

1 Like

Gotta keep drafting well. I have no idea how to fix this shit…or if it even needs to be fixed. LOL.
I know DL and WR are gonna go up in spending.
I can see LB going down. I feel like CB goes up, especially if Okudah balls out with his balls out.

2 Likes

That’s not a bad list of teams we are with…. I hope that reflects in our record as well!!

For sure, the way the agents and sports media report the contracts always sounds so amazing. 6 years for 90 million the headline will say, and then you look at the details and the dude is for sure getting cut after 3 years. Trey Flowers is a good example of that.

How much of that 90 million did he actually get!?

1 Like

I’ll take, What is too much for $56M Alex.

But if you look at APY over 3yr (guaranteed portion) it was $18.67M where as the entire contract was $18M APY.

Every now and then you’ll get an outlier where an Erin Rodgers tries to hide how much he is making by having extremely low salaries in years 4 ($20M) and 5 ($15M), where he is making $50M in each of the first three years. Obviously won’t play on those amounts or a Terek Hill that has a $45M salary in year 5 ($24M avg over first 4 years) and he obviously won’t be paid that amount.

APY over the entire length of the contract more closely mirrors APY over guaranteed portion, at least a lot closer than contracts in the 2000’s and 1990’s.

2 Likes

He had 10.5 sacks combined in 3 seasons. Some quick math tells me roughly 5.5 million per sack. smh what a wonderful investment.

1 Like

ouch! disturbing, LOL

1 Like

We have seen it at the drive through…just saying! Sometimes lightning strikes twice. LOL.

3 Likes

I’d like a triple baconator, with extra fries and change my large cola to a chocolate milkshake…I coach the Lions for the love of God!!!

Umm sir, where are your pants!?

1 Like

Suh’s contract in Miami was set up for him to get cut after 3 years. That’s part of what pissed me off about the deal. They gave him a “higher offer” but the last couple of balloon years were never going to happen. At the same time Suh and his agent knew what they were signing and realized it was going to give them another bite at the apple after 3 years instead of being locked in for 5+ years in Detroit.

I’m not seeing quite as many balloon payments in contracts as I used to. And if a team really wants to they can negotiate around it. The easiest way to see when a player is “scheduled” to be cut is looking at when his guaranteed money dries up. Then check to see if there are any large roster bonuses due around the same time.

1 Like