The Lions have too many picks!

Heading into the draft, I already thought the Lions had too many picks to fit into the roster. I was okay with some guys hitting the practice squad. But now they’ve added even more picks. We’re currently sitting on 8 more picks after already selecting 2 players:

We’re definitely going to see some moves up the board, right? I can definitely see packaging Swift with a pick or two to make a leap. Very interested to see what Brad does with all these picks.

4 Likes

I can see them packaging Swift and a 6th for a 3rd or 4th. Or just using a 5th and 6th for a 3rd.

3 Likes

I’d like to see us package some of those 5ths and move up from 55 or trade up and get a 3rd round pick.

I’d also be okay with trading out of 48 or 55 for picks next year.

2 Likes

That would be awesome if he got another mid-2nd rounder!

2 Likes

Would love to see us trade one of our 2’s for a 1 next year. I love being able to cheer for the lions and against some other random team for a whole season. We need some ping pong balls for 2024.

2 Likes

Kind of hoping they deal one of those 2nd round picks for a bad team’s 1st next year at this point.

I do not like the Lions history in the 2nd round…having 3 picks in it tonight scares the shit out of me.

2 Likes

Swift and a 5th for a late 3 or 4 and get Syd Brown or Quan Martin Illinois DB
make them throw in a 7th so we can get Jake Moody too

1 Like

The Lions have too many picks??? hmmm never heard that before , or anybody complaining, we had a lot of picks. lol

1 Like

I like it! Make it happen!

He’s gone through quite a bit to have 3 picks in the 2nd right now. I don’t think we’re going to lose any of them.

The remaining picks are 5th and 6th rounders. Perhaps we bundle some of them for a player in the 4th.

2 Likes

From what I learned this week from fans that would be terrible! Its better to have picks in every round than to stack picks in an earlier round!

1 Like

Well, I’ve been told I’m stupid, more than once.
It’s probably true.

Their is no such thing as two many picks.

3 Likes

Gives the Lions a chance to take a flyer on someone like EMU’s Jose Ramirez or Ferris State pass rusher Caleb Murphy late in Rd 5 or Rd 6.

2 Likes

1 Like

You can never have enough magic beans!

2 Likes

Would most be good with taking Moody now with one of those late picks? I know I would. Seems to be money from 50.

Position value is out the window. If we like this kicker we can take him in the 2nd round.

1 Like

I’d love having more 1st round picks, you always want to improve but…

really, the roster is pretty damn close to being set without glaring weakness. both sides of the ball. I don’t remember a more solid roster that the lions have had, at least in recent memory.

1 Like

This is evidence of why picks should be referred to by number only. Its absolutely mind boggling that anyone would prefer pick 81 as opposed to pick 34, simply because someone stuck a label on it referencing the round. Yet I have heard that a multitude of times today.

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF