The Lions (Might) Have a New Defensive Coordinator - Aaron Glenn

Super Bowl?

or

0-16 for the next 3 years? :joy:

Edit: 9:19 pm Tuesday, 1/19/21

Josina Anderson reporting this is NOT a done deal.

1 Like

Better be a 4-3 guy. I guess he hasn’t been a coordinator before being a DB coach, so I’d think we’re going to end up with a old school non innovative OC. Great.

Another former player joining the ranks. He was a 1st round pick by the Jets back in the 90s. He went to Texas A&M just like Campbell, but it looks like they didn’t overlap in school (just missed eachother). They had one year playing together with the Cowboys under Bill Parcells. And obviously they’ve been working together for the last few seasons with the Saints.

2 Likes

Gives me some that Bevell is being looked at to stay

2 Likes

I like that they have some experience together. That’s a good sign…

To point out the obvious they must have a mutual respect for each other + enjoy working with each other to some extent. Definitely a plus.

I like this esp. for Okudah. Glenn coached Lattimore to two ProBowls. Hope he can turn Okudah around.

7 Likes

Two former Aggies who played in New York around the same time (one Giants, one Jets), who both played under Parcells and who both have been with the Saints on the same staff for 5 years. It looks like they both ended their playing careers in New Orleans 1 year apart (Glenn in 2008 and Campbell in 2009).

4 Likes

So… Rookie GM… Rookie HC… Rookie DC… I don’t see how this could go wrong…

10 Likes

The only negative i can find is that he is going to be a first time playcaller for the entire defense. He is excellent at player development, great motivator, former player…so relatable…strong teaching skills and people say could very well be a HC soon enough.

I am okay with the pick…

5 Likes

I like this hire

3 Likes

Yep, I sure hope Okudah improves under Glenn. I think it’s a much better situation than he had as a rookie.

6 Likes

party someone GIF

6 Likes

Well, at least he might see the folly in a scheme that has DBs covering for 28 seconds every snap.

13 Likes

its getting positive reviews from the talking heads…so there is that.

4 Likes

I just hope he has an aggressive mindset and is willing to adapt his defense. That’s what seems like it works now. Lots of disguise and exotic blitzing is what I hope to see after the Patricia debacle. Don’t know what they do in NO.

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Damn I’m getting old. I remember Glenn starring for Texas A&M like it was yesterday.

I was hoping for more experience but he’s done a great job with the corners in New Orleans so I’m hopeful. He’s been tagged as one of the biggest up and comers too so I’m cool with it.

14 Likes

Same here. I remember using him as a player in Madden lol.

oooold.

7 Likes

It’s becoming pretty likely that we will sign Marcus Williams from the Saints during the offseason in my opinion.

4 Likes