The magical 32nd pick

… is very interesting this year.

Literally 4-5 QBs could sitting there, with GM’s from other teams coveting the extremely valuable 5th year of control on a developing QB.

I’m definitely answering the phone when we are on the clock.

Heck, even pick 34 is interesting, with teams having a full day to drool over a player they thought for sure would be gone.

As a team still filling a lot of spots on defense, a few extra magic beans in rounds 2-4 wouldn’t bother me at all.

Comedy Central Lol GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

1 Like

I’m more intrigued with these 2 picks than I am with 2. Possibly could trade down for more picks, or use them to move up for someone who is still on the board 15-20.

1 Like

That 32nd pick is a hot one. All the talk has been around Seattle or Atlanta moving up in the top 10 for a QB.

I think it’s more probable that one of these QB needy teams move up to the 32nd pick.

Atlanta -
atlanta
Seattle -
seattle

Move down to 41-43 range and pick up an additional 3rd or 4th pick (to fill that void the Lions currently have between 100-180).

It may be the Lions most tradable pick.

1 Like

Do you have a link to that trade value chart guide?

Trade Chart

Draft pick Transaction history

This team lacks Top talent not a bunch of extra pics. We have a chance to get some real talent in them first 3 pics. I’m not trading I’m gonna get 3 players that can’t impact my team.

5 Likes

Using the Lionswire Chart, trading #32 for SEA #40 + #109 (4th Pick in the 4th Round), is almost in balance. Only off by 3 points. It would FILL the Lions hole in the 4th Round, but I attribute implied additional value to Pick #32 (5th Year Option, much more accurate list of players available at the end of the 1st Day), which gives #32 Premium Value. IMO, SEA would have to provide further sweeteners to clinch the trade. While the Lions would gain an additional player at #109, one has to also compute the likelihood of a 4th Round Pick having a lengthy NFL career, if/when he becomes a starter or remains a fringe player e.g. Austin Bryant.

Also, Holmes will have the visibility at #32 of player(s), he never thought would be available at #32, are available. Depending on the player available, I would nix the proposed trade and take the player. #32 = Very Good to Excellent , #109 = Average to Good might be another way to look at this. Also, Campbell wants DAY 1 Players to step right in on Opening Day. Unlikely, he will get this with #109, #40 maybe.

Trading down to like 36 though means you can potentially still get the guy you would have targeted at 32, all while adding a 4th rounder. Holmes struck gold in the 4th last year with St. Brown and had a good track record on day 3 with the Rams. I’m all for that kind of move.

Now if there’s a guy there you love or the end of one of your tiers, take him at 32 and be happy about it.

1 Like

Be happy with the best LB available at #32.

I’m sick of beans just go BPA and don’t look back!

Time is now to add the best talent available

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.