The more I think about our 1st pick

…the more I think we should give some heavy consideration to a premium position and even a “fun” position. As was said before, if Campbell is for real this might be the last time we are picking this high for a while. But now that I really sit here and think about it, Bob already took other positions in the 1st round leading up to this moment, which was an extension of Mayhew. He took a boring but premium position in OT, but then he followed it up with LB, C and TE. We all have our own feelings about CB and whether it falls into the category, but what we can all agree is that CBs going as high as we took ours is extremely rare. In the 2 years prior to Bob, we took OG and TE.

I think we are primed and ready for breaking away in a different direction.

3 Likes

I agree, hard to have game breakers if you don’t draft them

2 Likes

It’s easy to see WR being the pick, especially if the draft falls that way. It wouldn’t stun me if the fun / ticket sales aspect was somewhat of a tiebreaker if it came down to LB vs. WR.

I have been taking a OT with pick 7 in my mocks if there is no trade down made. I would take a prime OT if we trade down then i would look best LB CB or WR left.

I see couple OTs that are likely good ROTs or even could move to OG . I really like having Crosby as swing OT/OG but he is FA next season Would be ok developing another.

OTs…WR…CB…are pricey players along with QB…You can sign FA DTs even LBs
You cab get 2 quality LBs for what you pay a LOT or even a stud WR or CB
I think iggy posted we should every year draft a WR in top 3 picks i would add every other year a OT an most years a CB

3 Likes

I think athletic ability should be part of the criteria this year.

1 Like

I really think we need a game-breaker to take pressure off of Swift, especially if we lose both Golliday and Jones.

3 Likes

Fun and premium position…

So we’re taking the Champagne Room stripper then, huh?

NICE!

3 Likes

Any scouting reports or videos?

2 Likes

Funny story, I was actually hired to go undercover at every strip club within 75 miles of where I live. By the City, and well placed (cough…AMWAY…cough) prominent citizens who wanted to shut down a local club operator.

So, I actually DO have scouting reports.

No video.

3 Likes

As if Weeze wasn’t already a folk hero here. Geez

3 Likes

WR in the top 10 would be the SOL type of pick.

1 Like

I tend to agree but looking at who is likely to be there when we pick who do you take?

Agreed. Losing both Golladay and Jones is gonna blow…

3 Likes

Loose hips
Great flexibility
Has some wiggle
Makes guys miss in the hole
Sometimes gets too high and exposes chest

3 Likes

https://lionstalk.com/t/the-more-i-think-about-our-1st-pick/9047/14?u=owen16

Better suited for Tight End or Wide Receiver?

1 Like

How in the holy F do I get THAT job?

4 Likes

I hope the Lion simply pick whoever they have graded highest regardless of position. I hope they shy away from QB, but if they do, then they do. It’s not like the guy who is the 7th best player in the draft isn’t going to be an upgrade over the current Lions starter at that position. I am hoping for a stud linebacker in the mode of White from TB.

1 Like

I love that dude too.

Did your “old lady” really believe this story?

Get’s busted at TAILS again, hanging out with the boys…and all of a sudden turns into James Bond. Well played @Weaselpuppy…you really weaseled out of that one.
download

3 Likes

I would be scouting the Tight ends furiously…

…steering clear of the Wide Receivers

1 Like