The Offense Aint Half Bad

Our offense is good enough to win our normal 7-9 games

Our defense is screaming 0-17

3 Likes

They haven’t topped 17 points since Week 1 and even in Week 1, it was a lot of garbage time points. Not winning many games in the league with an offense like that.

Agreed but I have hope that our center stops snapping the ball before the QB Is ready inside the 5 and our coach stops leaving points on the board.
Thats 10 points squandered in the first two trips down the field

I have no hope for our defense

1 Like

The defense was awful today. It seemed improved last week. Not sure what happened.

1 Like

We’ve yet to put together a full 60 minutes of solid football on either side. We’ve had moments each game (though not many on defense this week.)

Lots of truth to this. Too one-dimensional. That said, we need playmakers to add to our versatility. When we have dudes that have enough speed to demand attention, things will shift. Right now, teams can focus on stopping our strengths, and don’t need to worry as much about being burned in other ways. We need playmakers on both sides of the ball. We need to make people pay for mistakes. if we get behind, we don’t have the threats to get points quickly.

I’m actually surprised by how close to being “complete” the offense is.

I am not a Goff lover but I have seen enough from him to wonder how good he could perform with our offensive line and backs with a few actual NFL receivers.

4 Likes

That’s where I’m at with Goff. He’s a decent starting NFL QB. Middle of the pack type.

1 Like

No doubt, the offense is definitely ahead of the defense at this point which shouldn’t be surprising since there are more high draft picks on the offense but both units have a lot of improving to do.

With the spread in the half, he looked pretty darn good. Over 200 yards and 2 TD’s in the 2nd half.

Right! Williams with a lead is getting 100 for sure.

1 Like

Exactly.

Give the kid ONE legit playmaker at receiver and then let’s talk about what Goff can be. In Cephus and Raymond he’s got two #4s. He’s making them look better than they are.

2 Likes

We went 2-14 in 2009. We beat Washington early on, and then beat Cleveland in the epic Stafford shoulder injury game.

1 Like

Just wait until you see them without Ragnow for the next few games.

They cannot afford these kinds of injuries.

1 Like

Aside from Goff Ragnow is probably who we can least afford to lose.

3 Likes

Goffbage time. It’s the new Stat Padford.

1 Like

Eh screw it all. We can’t not afford to lose anyone. What the heck is it gonna change? Nothing, that’s what! We’re gonna suck and that’s that and I’ll be happy with 1 win this year! And let’s just go all out and go for firsts and TDs all game every game because goodness knows we’ll need them!

Ok, that’s the wine talking… but you know what they say, in wine, truth! :crazy_face:

Awww hell who photoshopped this picture…

Good point about us not really knowing what went wrong on that play. I thought Goff played quite well in the game, and all the continued talk about him being a stop gap player IMO is ridiculous. Goff has close to a 97 QB rating through 4 games in entirely new offense with all of these young and relatively inexperienced players. Goff also gets credited with 2 fumbles lost in this game that didn’t appear to be on the QB AT ALL. I still can’t believe Ragnow hiked that ball while Goff was trying to line up the offense (maybe he needs hearing aids!). Even Payton Manning was pointing out that he thinks Goff will be successful in that offense, but it is probably going to take all year before it comes second nature on all of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th reads for the various plays.

4 Likes