The Olympics

You watching? Do you enjoy? Are you wondering when Acro Gymnastics became an Olympic event? (It was this year, I think, although not totally sure)

I gotta say I love the olympics, both summer and winter. I do favor winter more (my wife is the opposite) but I truly enjoy the gymnastics and track and field stuff the most in summer.

As far as winter, obviously hockey but the figure skating as well, amongst others.

Anyway, just wondering what y’all think!

Weird how I used to feel pride and was interested, when I was younger. Last time I made a point to watch something in the Olympics was Phelps.

Find myself not caring nearly as much, these days.

1 Like

I’m waiting on the Olympics to add Mental Gymnastics to the event list. I definitely know some people who should try out for the team.

Gymnastics Perfect Loop GIF

2 Likes

For sure, I don’t necessarily pull for anyone in particular I just like watching the athletes do their thing.

As a kid I used to always pull for Canada or Russia in hockey only because I liked the players on their teams better.

1 Like

Hahaha I can definitely agree and know a few myself

1 Like

No fans whatsoever, Seems like us exactly one year ago. Always thought the Japanese were one ahead with their “A” game.

…yeah, I’ll be watching swimming, gymnastics & track…as usual.

1 Like

LOL - All in, man!

1 Like

Here’s the part where I lose my man card (for the second time this week…see cupcakes)…Women’s floor routine is my fav thing about the olympics, since the modern NBA era started (used to be men’s hoops).

1 Like

Listen now I’ve had just enough of this losing your man card business. Cupcakes are delicious, and even not being a big sweets person myself, I do enjoy cupcakes. And dude, the gymnast floor routine is insane! How they get so much air and are able to do the things they do is truly amazing. That’s why I like watching it as well, those are some insanely skilled and talented athletes! If I tried to do any of those moves I would be in a hospital with broken bones and probably a subdural.

There is nothing unmanly about enjoying gymnastics or cupcakes!!! :crazy_face::wink:

1 Like

:wink:
I used to go to the gymnastics meets, when I was in college. From that stage of consciousness in my life…and the lens of the world I had at that time in my life…I used to describe the meets as “better than the strip joint.”

Now, they look like children, but the guts and determination these little girls have is INSANE - and the physical stuff they do is flat out inhuman.

Bunch of Jedi Mutants.

1 Like

Hahaha, we actually used to live next door to a few gymnasts in college. They were cool, and yes we considered ourselves fortunate lol.

But yeah, Jedi Mutants is absolutely right! All I’m waiting for them to do is levitate something while doing a triple backspring high flip.

1 Like

I used to bodybuild, in college. One day, I was in the SAC (Student Activity Center), and walking back to the locker room from the weight room, and I heard this loud pumping music, and people cheering. I rounded the corner to see the gorgeous, little woman in the middle of some sort of triple lateral backflip…reverse plant. Mind blown. Plus, I don’t know what you would call that.

I was hooked, at that time. I took a gymnastics class (required), and we were moving the equipment around. Make room for a mock meet (so they could get used to the noise and crowds). The balance beam ended up about 8 ft from the rings. Our best gymnast got on the rings, started swinging on the rings, and did a backflip FROM THE RINGS…onto the BEAM! WTF?!? She acts like it’s completely normal shit and says to our coach, “Ya like my new mount, Jerry?”

Like it was completely normal shit! WTF? Better than a cat could do. High level gymnasts are inhuman, for real.

She was ranked in the country in several events. Selena Nickason. Our coach was a judge at the Atlanta Olympics. Jerry Reighard, I guess got in some trouble, but at that time, he was an international name in the sport…he was their coach. He was always a really good dude. Maybe the job got to him over time? He was being investigated for abusing the athletes. I was friends w/lots of the gymnasts, and they all seemed to love the guy? I dunno.

1 Like