The plan with the 2 1st round picks after 2 weeks

I give Big V credit for having a very good year last year, but durability is an issue. He was injured his first year with the Lions tried to play through it and sucked, and now his 3rd year with the Lions had back surgery and might be out for the season. I appreciate his good play last year, but he’s about to be 30 years old with a big contract still. I think he will be cut, unless he’s willing to take a pay cut to return.

I really wanted to see what Kraemer could do? He looked decent as a rookie, but he’s got back problems too…sigh.

Stenberg as much as I have rooted for him, he can’t pass block at all. Solid in the run game, but we pass the ball 30+ times a game. He should have been born 30 years earlier. He can block slow/large DT’s, but any time they put a slimmer/quicker DT on him, he’s toast in the pass game.

2 Likes

Has us taking Antonio Johnson at 13. #1 S on the board.

1 Like

I see a LB and S

3 Likes

I would agree if Levi and Paschal return and start kicking ass this year, to be determined. Brockers is gone for sure. Levi? Paschal? DT could be a huge hole still.

2 Likes

Trade up for Will Anderson.

4 Likes

Imagine, Hutch and Anderson together! Good lord.

4 Likes

I haven’t really watched any 2022 yet but his 2021 was really solid. He’s a big hitter S that has the speed/length you want to cover DB’s as well.

That will cost us about 5 first round picks lol

2 Likes

He really shouldn’t be available to us in a trade up, so let’s hope he keeps underperforming on the stat sheet so immature GM’s will overthink it.

2 Likes

But he’s not a QB…So you’re telling me there’s a chance! Someone insert the gif.

2 Likes

The best defensive prospect since LT.

6 Likes

Will levis will end up being higher then 10. He could realistically be the number 1 pick.

To me if its a qb, its will Levis.

The lions have too many needs to package their picks for a higher pick UNLESS they are sold on their guy being a qb in this draft.

They are most likely needing another corner and DL piece…With Holmes ability to get mid round and late round gems…who knows what they will do. No one say Jamo coming…Just sit back and enjoy the show and we will have alot of ammo and FA to add to our team…next season is going to be soooo much fun…fully expecting a dynamic exciting offseason.

3 Likes

The only player IMO better in college football last year than Hutch was Anderson!

The Lions chances of getting him are slim to none, but shit, he’s LT Jr off the edge. He’s Von Miller, but better if he stays healthy.

4 Likes

Imagine a Hutch Anderson Harris and Bryant Nascar

3 Likes

…and Ricky Bobby!

I definitely prefer a DT, if they are of equal talent, but if the talent discrepancy is too large, go for the better talent (cuz of future, but we’d still need a DT)

1 Like

Its the deepest draft at QB in ages. A solid QB will probably fall to them if they stayed put. If they can package and get a Will Anderson, go for it.

If not? Stay put.

1 Like

That’s scary shit, to me.
IMO, if you are going QB, you get THEE one you want, and do whatever you need to do to make it happen

Feels much more relaxing as a fan when you know you can just trust Brad though.

Sure would like to have the room bugged when him and Dan are talking about the future of QB though…so curious

2 Likes

Correct. Too early to tell. In other words, trade back for more magic beans :stuck_out_tongue:

My first reaction was DT and LB. But, we have several new/young guys who could develop. Levi, Paschal, Barnes, and Rodrigo are all young with a chance to improve. So maybe not as huge a need as I think?

It really is crazy that I look at our roster and see either ‘solid’ groups, or groups with young guys that could still ‘get there.’ Like, no huge unaddressed holes.

Now, there are a ton of places we could go from ‘decent’ to ‘better.’ I’m just impressed at what Holmes has done with two offseasons.

He just might be. I believe this will be his best season yet and we don’t really know how much better he still will get. If Goff can ever take the Lions to a Super Bowl and win it he will be a legend and a superstar.

1 Like